JG SIG 552 Spring Downgrade

Spugy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone

I am thinking of buying a JG Sig 552 airsoft gun to use at an airsofting site but the site fps limit is 350 for aeg's. I have seen chrono tests on these guns and they sometimes shoot over 350 (not much over but I still don't think I'll be able to use it.) I was going to downgrade the spring so it fires a little less fps so could anyone tell me which spring to buy to get the fps to something like 300-330 so I'm under the limit and could someone tell me if they are easy to fit or would I have to get someone to fit it for me (like a guy who works at a shop or something and knows what they are doing.

Thanks

If you are buying one from a shop, then ask the shop to do the downgrade for you before shipping it to you.

Spring wise you want a Systema 1J or a guarder m90 to give you the fps you are after. Google airsoft springs and fps and you will bring up comparison tables between manufacturers and expected fps.

• Supporters

Or use the AF-UK app! It has a spring suggester in it, you type the desired fps, it gives you the best spring for the job.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/app/#

Thanks for the replys. I was going to buy it off a website so I won't be able to ask them to downgrade it for me so if anyone can tell me if it is difficult for me to do or link me to a website that will tell me how to do it then replys we be much appreciated. Thanks

Umm, most websites are linked to actual stores with real humans at the other end. I don't know any airsoft websites which are completely computer and robot controlled from placement of order to shipping it out ;)

Send them an e:mail, or look at their contact page for one of those phone number things and try that.

Apart from that have a look on youtube for vids and be prepared to mess it up the first time you split a gearbox.

Archived