BB pistol

Alan24

Hi, I’m new to airsoft. Being an avid air rifle hobbiest ( indoor/outdoor range) im looking for something that’s less intrusive for use in back garden. Thought a bb pistol would suffice. Prefably with a 30 yard range if possible. Are the CO2 ones loud. I already have a .177 one of those. Do the spring variants perform okay to ?

Hi Alan.

Airsoft pistols are fun but may not be accurate enough for you.

I don't know if green gas is quieter than Co2 but they are much easier to use.

Don't bother with spring pistols.  

Edited by EDcase

Airsoft pistols are definitely fun, although less power than lead or steel bb's. 

Since getting into the airsoft stuff I've noticed not much difference in accuracy, though lead slinging rifles top trump everything imho.

I've got the full selection...lead, steel & 6mm bb 

20240917_191057.thumb.jpg.b8a938684fb7e836ac0152143a721bed.jpg

All the gas blow back pistol running Airsoft gas or co2 make a bit of a pop plus the sound of it cycling. Most non blow back pistols gas or co2 are a bit naff bar a handfull of models. And not as interesting to use lacking all the action of the slide etc. Some can be very quiet if suppressed. I have a bit of a fondness for spring pistols old ones anyway. Because I'm old and it was what I grew up messing around with. Definitely quiet. But once again lack function of a gas blow, back bar some obscure old ones. 

I have an Air Arms S410 with a suppresser, comparing it to airsoft guns you would want a gas or spring bolt action rifle or a NBB (non blow back) like a Mk23 SOCOM pistol. Both as boring as the S410. 

If I wanted something for plinking in the garden would go with something fun like the "ASG CZ75 Marushin Shell Ejecting Gas Blowback Pistol" myself.