What OEM is this Umarex G36C?

Picked up an old G36C+ a classic 'Bag of Bits' from a friend for £40. The rif seems pretty solid, nicely trademarked, and is marked with UMAREX licencing details on the magwell. Shoots quite nicely actually at circa 1J.

I've been researching who the OEM could be, as I'm quite tempted to give the gun the love it deserves, and a bit of searching indicates Umarex have used a plethora of OEMs over the years for their G36s, including Cyma, JG, Ares, S&T. Does anyone know who the OEM is of this particular version? The gearbox is black painted metal - which makes me think it i possibly JG? If so, I'd be rather pleased! And if so, anything that I should look to swap out/replace for performance and longevity?

IMG_20240723_104259_054.jpg

• Supporters

Take the gearbox out of the lower, there's more likely to be markings on the bit you can't see!

Thanks all. Yep, will strip it down further and see. Quite a nicely balanced little package actually.

On 24/07/2024 at 16:28, Sewdhull said:

looks like my src by the plastics.

if you pop out the stock release button i can help further as they arent the same src to jg

Many thanks - see below - does this give you enough detail? I'm not sure If SRC plastic is better than JG plastic - but this does feel pretty thick/solid/non creaky if that is anything to go by....

IMG_20240725_164941_498.jpg

This is another G36C I have but don't know the brand I'm afraid, it looks very similar to an src G36K I have tho

453011792_26142160748732646_1827507666007715091_n.jpg

Oh, that looks very different from mine. I think I'm going with JG for the time being, not least because of the black gearbox...