G&G WILDHOG V2 gearbox sector gear

Morph

Hi 

I need some help. 

I have a G&G Wildhog. I am looking for a upgraded sector gear as mine has become worn from the first upto around the 7/8th tooth visualy as i have a full metal piston rail which shows no wear. I see that there are loads (including the original) to choose from, but would like a high strenghth one to compliment the piston rail. I know the ratio of the gears is 18.1, the other gears are fine, so does anyone know of a good one that will fit. Also i have 30 capcity bb mags as I do a lot of single shot firing. would a delayer clip help with consistancy of jls and fps.

Many Thanks 

Morph 

Edited by Morph
Wrong wording

The general go-to gears are SHS, in your case 18:1's...

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/shs-18-gearset

As for the delayer, you can try one I suppose but when you have the gearbox open just check all the compression parts, give everything a good clean and re-grease with some gear and compression lube.  As for consistency so many things can affect it, barrel, hop chamber, bucking, nub, nozzle, spring etc.  Best to get the gearbox working nicely with the new gears and then go from there.

Oh forgot to say, when you have the gearbox open and the new gears fitted it's always best to manually operate the gears with your fingers, this will give you a good idea of how the parts are working together and will show any issues.  Be sure to post up pics or video here if you get stuck.

Edited by ak2m4

Is it possible to have a picture of the sector gear?

They are usually very hard wearing (esp G&G gears) so unless something has gone horribly wrong I don't see how the sector can get chewed before the piston does...

Also, regarding delayers, I would not simply throw one in there and hope for the best, gearbox timing is something a lot of people get wrong and then try all sorts of voodoo magic in a desperate attempt at recovering whatever fps/feeding they lost.

Neither of these things is complicated to understand or fix, but both of these things require a minimum of thinking ahead.

Posted (edited)
On 14/07/2024 at 12:04, ak2m4 said:

The general go-to gears are SHS, in your case 18:1's...

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/shs-18-gearset

As for the delayer, you can try one I suppose but when you have the gearbox open just check all the compression parts, give everything a good clean and re-grease with some gear and compression lube.  As for consistency so many things can affect it, barrel, hop chamber, bucking, nub, nozzle, spring etc.  Best to get the gearbox working nicely with the new gears and then go from there.

Oh forgot to say, when you have the gearbox open and the new gears fitted it's always best to manually operate the gears with your fingers, this will give you a good idea of how the parts are working together and will show any issues.  Be sure to post up pics or video here if you get stuck.

yep thats actually why i noticed the wear on the sector gear as i did everything you suggest above. thank you for the URL to the gear set.

Thanks for your reply and information.

Edited by Morph

6 hours ago, Skara said:

Is it possible to have a picture of the sector gear?

They are usually very hard wearing (esp G&G gears) so unless something has gone horribly wrong I don't see how the sector can get chewed before the piston does...

Also, regarding delayers, I would not simply throw one in there and hope for the best, gearbox timing is something a lot of people get wrong and then try all sorts of voodoo magic in a desperate attempt at recovering whatever fps/feeding they lost.

Neither of these things is complicated to understand or fix, but both of these things require a minimum of thinking ahead.

Na nothing actually gone wrong as of yet, i just noticed the wear on the sector gear. ill leave the delayer for the time being as the fps and jls are pretty consistant (I was thinking it might help with single shot shooting).

Ill defo put a pic of the sector gear up when i dive in again as i didn't take one when i opened her up this this time.

As for why it is chewed i can only say i fired it on full auto empty (I was dull) and stripped the piston teeth on the origional rail. I then had the metal piston rail put in by a tech, so i personaly didn't notice the wear until now.

Thanks for your info and reply