LCT VSS Issues

JinxDuh

Posted (edited)

Considering replacing the cylinder assembly and trying that, but at the same time I don’t want to keep spending on a project 😂

Maple leaf rubber with standard barrel and I’m getting this constantly with the hop arm all the way forwards 🤔

IMG_5689.jpeg

Edit:

Didn’t realise how “cheap” replacement parts would be. Poor ak2m4, he’s had like 4 sporadic orders from me this week already, and it’s only Tuesday! 🤣

Edited by JinxDuh

• Supporters

I meant, is it a ported cylinder at all? That would explain why you're losing so much pressure.

37 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I meant, is it a ported cylinder at all? That would explain why you're losing so much pressure.

I’m assuming that’s this part?

image.jpg

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

I’m assuming that’s this part?

image.jpg

Yep, I'd look at changing that to either one with just a notch at the very back or one without a vent at all.

Like this https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/cylinders/xt-cylinder-anti-heat-5-6

or https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/cylinders/zci-stainless-steel-cylinder-tip

or https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/cylinders/xt-cylinder-anti-heat-closed

7 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I found a solid one in a parts box I can experiment with, see if it improves along with the new compression parts

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

I found a solid one in a parts box I can experiment with, see if it improves along with the new compression parts

Nice!

I reckon the vent in your current one is too far forward so it'll limit the max FPS you're going to achieve. Worth a try at least!

2 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Nice!

I reckon the vent in your current one is too far forward so it'll limit the max FPS you're going to achieve. Worth a try at least!

It never even crossed my mind to be honest - Hopefully this'll solve my issues. Definitely a fun learning experience though!

Have you tried the paper test on the feed tube to see if there is an air loss between the nozzle and the hop rubber?

17 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Have you tried the paper test on the feed tube to see if there is an air loss between the nozzle and the hop rubber?

Yeah, there was only a tiny bit of movement

15 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

Yeah, there was only a tiny bit of movement

A decent seal then.

8 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

A decent seal then.

I'll be renewing the whole lot tomorrow so will retest though.

2 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Focus...

Focussssssss...

L85 issue first.

Still not had a reason to order from KY 🤣

Posted (edited)

Got some bits for my Scar-H on it's way, if I order some other bits I'll give you shout (I'm old & might forget tho).

Just had a look at the spares & there's not much for the L85... magazine catch happens to be one listed, might be a common issue????

Edited by gavinkempsell

14 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Got some bits for my Scar-H on it's way, if I order some other bits I'll give you shout (I'm old & might forget tho).

Just had a look at the spares & there's not much for the L85... magazine catch happens to be one listed, might be a common issue????

Much appreciated! From what I’ve seen/experienced the mag catch on the WE stuff does tend to wear really fast 

I still recon you could bend it back.

New parts from Ak2m4 came in this morning, fitted the new cylinder (full seal) etc and all okay. The nozzle doesn’t fully reach the hop up rubber still (I did however buy a spare longer nozzle just in case)

On chrono I was getting 1.36 joules roughly (.25g bb’s) so about 355 (I think. I’ve forgotten 🤣)

Still not 100% perfect, but I’m going to run it this weekend and see if it’s shooting nicely or definitely needs the new nozzle. Thanks everybody for their help so far!