My Specna RRA SA-E01 is feeding like a PIG now..

Posted (edited)

Hello Airsoft Hive Mind. 👋

I have a Specna Arms EDGE 2.0 RRA SA-E01 with a rather odd feeding issue that I was hoping someone might have experienced before.

Long story short:

• I load a mag with BBs (one of the Specna Arms branded S-Mags)
  • Pop the mag in. There's quite a bit of play in the magwell once seated.
  • Fire off 2-3 shots before it stops feeding.

I have 5 different S-Mags and the issue occurs with all of them. I've tried refitting the hop chamber/rubber, rocking the mag back and forth to find the best feeding angle.  I've also noticed there is horizontal play in the hop chamber when it is fitted. 

Proper useless at this stuff and there is a reason my team mates call me "Skittles"... Any thoughts on this? Couple of .gifs to illustrate the play.

play_barrel_assembly.gif

play_magwell.gif

Edited by Spartan873

• Spartan873 changed the title to My Specna RRA SA-E01 is feeding like a PIG now..

Have you tried a different type of BBs? Certain brands don't go well with certain hop up configurations.

Additionally have you tried a different type of magazine?  

It can be quite frustrating messing around with your aeg, if the problem area is your mags or ammunition. 

I did actually buy some on my last game day and that was when the issue occurred. I'll give it a shot with different BBs.. thanks for the idea bud!

With the seating of your mags, have you tried using adhesive dots in the back of the magwell to bulk them out?

Some of my non-STANAG mags fit more snugly in the magwell of either of my M4s when I use a couple of hook or loop dots.

Thanks for the ideas, guys. I'll be sure to give them all a go and report back. 👍

On 20/05/2024 at 18:57, Pseudotectonic said:

try this

spacer.png

Why don’t manufacturers do that by default. Seems an easy thing to do. Just requires some O-rings.

@ParHunter The clearance between inner barrel and outer barrel is probably too small (in mine it was ~0.3 mm diameter difference / 2 = 0.15 mm) for o-rings, plus it is meant to slide horizontally and having o-rings can introduce friction which hinders the magazine insertion, because your barrel would behave like a piston and will require more force to slide it (from the magazine pushing the hop unit as it is being inserted)

And if you have o-rings you will need to machine some grooves on both parts to keep them in place, and then you will have a new compatibility issue with aftermarket barrels etc

Posted (edited)

Tube comes in all sorts of wall thicknesses and diameters and tends to be telescopic too.

I forget the diameter, but a standard tube size fits inner barrels. I can look when I'm home.

You can use a thread lock or epoxy, sometimes it's an interence fit or requires heating/cooling

I've just got a hot melt glue gun, I don't know how I managed without one

Edited by Sewdhull