JG Works MP5K

Jmason98

11 hours ago, Tackle said:

OK, good luck with that, it's quite unusual for a bank to get involved with a private sale, especially something of such low value.

But keep us informed,  really hope it works out, maybe they're taking a different stance.

Out of interest,  what bank is it ?

Lloyds, I made sure I said private seller and bank transfer. She said it doesn't matter who or what it is etc, we will dispute it

On 21/04/2024 at 22:45, Jmason98 said:

The one time I use a debit card, I get done like this mate, lesson learnt, will see what they say

Yet now you are saying it was a bank transfer?

1 hour ago, Colin Allen said:

Yet now you are saying it was a bank transfer?

I didn’t stipulate it was or wasn’t, I said it was a private seller. I don’t get the point you’re trying to make?

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Jmason98 said:

I didn’t stipulate it was or wasn’t, I said it was a private seller. I don’t get the point you’re trying to make?

That there's a subtle difference between using your debit card to pay an invoice (where the chargeback scheme applies), versus making a direct bank transfer payment (where you're generally on your own).

This isn't victimblaming, just pointing out that the difference will matter to your bank.  I'd also agree that you've complicated things by punting it on. I'd be very surprised if your your bank is able to reverse that payment - I'd actually be a little concerned, as it would seem to be a scammer's charter for rogue purchasers if both banks are prepared to simply take your word for it.

Looks like you sold it on too quickly, someone looking for a boneyard MP5K in the classifieds.

7 hours ago, Jmason98 said:

The point I am making is that you originally stated that you used a debit card and then stated that you told your bank it was a bank transfer.

The one time I use a debit card, I get done like this mate, lesson learnt, will see what they say

Lloyds, I made sure I said private seller and bank transfer.

One or other of those statements has to be incorrect.