WE Open Bolt Upgrade Kit

JinxDuh

Hey guys. Ages ago I picked up a broken WE XM177 and I’ve decided to finally try and fix it. It needs a new trigger box & BCG. It’s open bolt, but I was wondering if this https://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/we-m4-open-bolt-conversion-kit.html will work?

No doubt a stupid question but I’d rather ask and be sure 😂

• 3 weeks later...

I dropped this kit into my xm177 (Converting to an m16a1) and the new BCG will fire once and then the whole bolt gets stuck back. I have to remove the entire buffer tube to then remove the buffer spring etc to then take the bolt out.

My initial assumption was:

The retainer pin was too far up, so I tightened it all the way and it still had the issue.

I'm wondering if there's a difference between the m16a1 buffer tube and the xm177 buffer tube and there isn't enough "springiness" to send the bolt back... 

I've never encountered this issue before, so I have absolutely no idea what to check for or what could be the cause

Is the bolt carrier moving freely when moving it manually?

Try popping 10p pieces or washers into the buffer tube to strengthen the spring/stop the buffer tube being pushed too far in.

Also worth checking that the buffer is actually in the tube . And  I've also had something similar if the buffer tube isn't screwd in far enough.

So it turns out after speaking to my pal I got it from, the muppet swapped out the WE buffer for an S&T one which is a different shape and made out of plastic. I didn’t think about it, and just assumed it was an older WE as he did say he had it for ages. 

Didn’t want to send to China again for the 7th time for a few parts, so ended up getting one of the Guarder ones https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/guarder-recoil-buffer-for-kscvfcwe-m4-gbb-fixed-buttstock-2018-new-version

Hopefully that should solve the problem and then I’ll finally have a working, slightly upgraded M16A1!

So, it wasn’t the issue. Even with the buffer tube completely off, when I manually pull the bolt back it gets stuck in the same position… I’m lost for ideas ☹️

If I move the upper receiver slightly the bolt can be moved back, it’s like it’s getting stuck on the actual receiver. 

So far I have:
Taken the hop up out, it got stuck.

Removed the trigger box, it moved freely

Made sure the box is seated correctly like in videos, still got stuck

Update:

I followed the video, thanks Gavin. I put some coins in, wasn’t enough. So I stuck an AEG gearbox Cylinder behind the resin block and now it’s returning too fast BUT it fires!!!!

6 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

Update:

I followed the video, thanks Gavin. I put some coins in, wasn’t enough. So I stuck an AEG gearbox Cylinder behind the resin block and now it’s returning too fast BUT it fires!!!!

You need to wait till pay day & get some more 10p piece's ;)

Glad it helped tho.

Edited by gavinkempsell