The most economical source of gas

Hello all, spring is just about here so we're finally reaching the time in the UK where we can pull out our GBB toys and have some serious fun with them (in between sessions fixing mag leaks of course).

Red gas is around £15 and green £12 at my local site. Coleman's propane when you get it (for use with adapter) is around the £19/£20 mark. Looking at size really doesn't help here as everything is under different pressure (and physics is my weak point) so what's the consensus?

Propane with some silicon or just stick to bottle airsoft gas? Propane used to be cheaper (hence my adapter) but I haven't seen anyone using it since I returned.

Any thoughts/recommendations guys?

Refilling from a larger propane tank is the most economical, but you do need a little kit to do it.

Getting Airsoft gas in bulk will save money ofcourse and allow you to use a higher pressure gas if you desire.

Most bottles are 300g, ASG are 270g net, Nuprol 300g for example.

25 minutes ago, GraniteFraggle said:

Hello all, spring is just about here so we're finally reaching the time in the UK where we can pull out our GBB toys and have some serious fun with them (in between sessions fixing mag leaks of course).

Red gas is around £15 and green £12 at my local site. Coleman's propane when you get it (for use with adapter) is around the £19/£20 mark. Looking at size really doesn't help here as everything is under different pressure (and physics is my weak point) so what's the consensus?

Propane with some silicon or just stick to bottle airsoft gas? Propane used to be cheaper (hence my adapter) but I haven't seen anyone using it since I returned.

Any thoughts/recommendations guys?

Some Airsoft stores do offer bulk discount for green gas etc, patrolbase for example. Just makes it more cost effective with say £5 off and dilutes shipping costs 

I usually find that once you add on postage it's often cheaper to just buy on site unless already ordering something else anyway

I tend to just pick up a bottle of propane (400g) for about £15 from screwfix as it's just down the road. If I forget/run out it tends to be more expensive for less on site. Marginally less faff though. You pays your money...