M-Lok RIS Hex screw size needed.

GraniteFraggle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Doing an external clean on my Specna Arms SA-E15 I noticed I've shed a hex screw from where the two halves of the RIS are joined together at the point next to where it joins to the receiver.

Annoyingly, SA don't include a parts list/diagram like TM do in the manual & I can't find anything either via Google or their website.

Can any of you wonderful people enlighten me? (See attached photo).

20240215_164837.jpg

Perhaps take out one of the other allen screws and measure it? Use something like a ruler to get the dimensions, if you don't have the use of a callipers.  

Two options if google-fu does not provide an answer:

1) Go to screwfix - buy this and measure the remaining screw - use said measurements on eBay to order another.

or

2) If you have some kind of dedicated Fastener store near you, take the remaining screw - show them - they'll have a rummage around and let you have another for a few pence (that's what my Local shop does for me anyway)

• Supporters
2 hours ago, GraniteFraggle said:

just in case anyone has a similar problem they're Tippman screws. 

Eh? Why would Specna Arms be using screws from Tippmann?

Don't know - feel free to ask them! That's what my local fasteners had in on the shelf - I'm guessing they're the same specifications? Fits perfectly.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, GraniteFraggle said:

Don't know - feel free to ask them! That's what my local fasteners had in on the shelf - I'm guessing they're the same specifications? Fits perfectly.

As in "screws for a Tippmann" or "screws made by a company called Tippmann but nothing to do with the airsoft/paintball manufacturer"?

Did they tell you what size they are though?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.