S&T G36 Hop up

JinxDuh

Hey guys.

I bought an Umarex G36C from here, but wasn’t keen on the burst mode and ares EFCS so I’ve switched out the lower with an S&T gearbox. Changing the gearbox also meant changing the hop unit (There’s a slight variation between the ares & S&T) which is all well and good but I don’t think it’ll last too long. 

Now to move onto the problem I’m having:

I can’t find an aftermarket hop unit that’s metal, and works with an S&T. Anybody know of any that are an improvement? 😬

I’m aware of the maxx GST but I can’t find one anywhere sadly 

4 minutes ago, DerDer said:

Yeah, I’m aware of the maxx. Had bad experiences with their m4 versions in the past so I’m trying to find one in the UK that I can send it back if I run into another bad one. 

I just ordered one of these for an ares SL9, seems to be the only place I could find in the UK with it in stock.

Not fancy by any means but will sort out a pew I have missing the bloody nub.

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/cyma-g36-hop-up-chamber-with-hu-bucking.html

The rotary hops on the g36s seem ok, you might need to shim them but they aren't bad. 

My src has a cast one which is nice when shimmed and I've a we999 which has a plastic one which again seems fine. They are different to accommodate the src magwell tube which 999 does not have.

Ive aquired a metal one for the 999 which didn't require anything doing, but it's source is lost in the mists of time.

Ive got one fitted to my Ares G36k I'm very impressed with it .