Krytac P90 ETU

mPReDiToR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, the title says it all, really.

I'm wanting to fit an ETU to my P90. Perun says theirs won't fit, so is there a precedent for this madness I wish to attempt, please?

Krytac P90's are fitted with ETU and mosfet to my knowledge.

I've seen people claim to do though they said it was quite a faff as they had to make quite a few adaptations to make it work.

1 hour ago, Krisz said:

Krytac P90's are fitted with ETU and mosfet to my knowledge.

That is true but remember that MOSFETs aren't all created equally. Krytac's MOSFET is pretty basic and covers voltage regulation, making it better suited to longer-term use with 11.1v LiPos than not using one, but not a great deal more. Perun's MOSFET is more comprehensive where it prevents double-firing due to overspin on the gears and has programmable firing modes among several other feature sets absent from that used in Krytac's own.

You're right that they are prefitted with MOSFET, but I'd like to have a programmable ETU (twiddly bits).

I'm running the 7.4v LiPo that Patrolbase (my local dealer) recommend, so that's not my main concern at the moment. I know Krytac specify the 11.1v but I'm getting 330fps on 0.2g out of the box, so I'm happy.

There is a video on YT of a person who shows off the Perun in this gun, so I assume it's possible. If nobody comes back to me with a homebrew solution, I will ring round some techs.

1 hour ago, mPReDiToR said:

I'm running the 7.4v LiPo that Patrolbase (my local dealer) recommend, so that's not my main concern at the moment. I know Krytac specify the 11.1v but I'm getting 330fps on 0.2g out of the box, so I'm happy.

The battery voltage does not affect the power output of the gun; it does affect the rate of fire and the responsiveness.

16 hours ago, mPReDiToR said:

If nobody comes back to me with a homebrew solution, I will ring round some techs.

Negative Airsoft should be on your shortlist. He's replaced the basic MOSFETs on pews with those from Perun so if anyone can retrofit your Krytac, he can.

Edited by Galvatron
Meant to say "replaced" instead of "placed"

15 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

The battery voltage does not affect the power output of the gun; it does affect the rate of fire and the responsiveness.

I wish I had thought for a second longer before posting because I did know that!

My punishment for posting when I should have been asleep is to look foolish lol

I would really like to have dealings with Luke. I like his videos and attitude (I work with the public too). I will check his waiting list to see if it ever comes down to a timeframe I can live without my favourite pew. Thank you.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Galvatron said:

Negative Airsoft should be on your shortlist. He's replaced the basic MOSFETs on pews with those from Perun so if anyone can retrofit your Krytac, he can.

He's done it on guns with standard gearboxes but not a Krytac P90.

4 hours ago, Lozart said:

He's done it on guns with standard gearboxes but not a Krytac P90.

I didn't claim he'd done a Krytac P90. He had done the Cybergun FAMAS, which has a basic MOSFET and he refitted the gun with a Perun MOSFET though he didn't show the build process itself.

There's some confusion going on here. First off, Krytacs do not have ETUs. Second, it's possible to put a Perun MOSFET in a P90, but a MOSFET is only the chip that protects your trigger contacts from voltage and aids efficiency a bit. Nothing else. Some ETUs have MOSFETs, but no MOSFET is an ETU. Perun makes both. Your EASIEST option if you want a P90 with an ETU is to buy the Novi. However, there is also this:

https://perunairsoft.pl/products/p90/

You should do some visual research and identify the dimensional differences between the Perun P90 ETU and the Krytac trigger unit to see what you might have to mod. In general, Perun products do not fit Krytac gearboxes without modification, but the mods may be simple. 

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

There's some confusion going on here. First off, Krytacs do not have ETUs. Second, it's possible to put a Perun MOSFET in a P90, but a MOSFET is only the chip that protects your trigger contacts from voltage and aids efficiency a bit. Nothing else. Some ETUs have MOSFETs, but no MOSFET is an ETU. Perun makes both. Your EASIEST option if you want a P90 with an ETU is to buy the Novi. However, there is also this:

https://perunairsoft.pl/products/p90/

You should do some visual research and identify the dimensional differences between the Perun P90 ETU and the Krytac trigger unit to see what you might have to mod. In general, Perun products do not fit Krytac gearboxes without modification, but the mods may be simple. 

The Krytac P90 is has both an electronic fire control unit and a MOSFET. The Perun P90 does not fit in a Krytac P90 (ie not a drop in fit but could probably be fettled in).

Also - to address the MOSFET/ETU thing - a MOSFET is strictly just a transistor, not a chip. Unfortunately, much like Hoover, MOSFET has become an accepted term meaning some kind of electronic device fitted to an airsoft gun. Perun's MOSFET is a MOSFET with additional components on a circuit board, the Krytac MOSFET is even more basic in that is just the transistor (so you can truly say that it's just a MOSFET). A "programmable MOSFET" is a massive misnomer, it's a MOSFET with a programmable controller attached which may or may not be an ETU as well (eg Warfet vs ASTER).

In Airsoft we have to accept that MOSFET means ETU however complicated or not that ETU might be.

I assume anyone saying MOSFET in relation to Airsoft is referring to some circuit doing the switching instead of the switch contacts.

I don't like it because for me a MOSFET is a transistor, the T standing for transistor, just another packaged 'chip'.

Even the simplest ETU is more than just a transistor tho, I think the MOSFET, 2 resistors and a diode being the simplest.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.