How effective is a TM SGR-12 in woodland games

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve just got hold of a TM SGR-12 but unsure how effective it will be for out door games, so anyone who uses one how do you get on with it in woodland games or is the range lacking and its more suited for CQB? I’ve always wanted one but I play woodland games and not CQB.

My mate had one.

range is average I’d say, maybe 35-40 m

Its the weight and the limited ammo count in the mags that’s bad

The drum mag helps, but you need to keep the button pressed to keep up with the ROF, which makes you hold it in an unnatural position

44 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

My mate had one.

range is average I’d say, maybe 35-40 m

Its the weight and the limited ammo count in the mags that’s bad

The drum mag helps, but you need to keep the button pressed to keep up with the ROF, which makes you hold it in an unnatural position

Same experience with an AA-12 (pretty much the same gun) it can be used out doors successfully but consider it more of a support gun. Even with out the range the noise can keep heads down.  

I love the look of the AA-12, but had an awful time trying to use it in a woodland game. Range wasn't competitive and I found it too cumbersome to effectively push up with. The continuous drum mag electric winding sound just made the whole experience a bit more tragic, haha.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.