Inviting Friends and Their RIFs From Europe

The_Roach

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I started, and stopped, playing airsoft in the early 2000s in France. I have only started playing again recently in the UK where I have been living for more than 12 years now.
I am trying to get my old teammates over the Channel for a couple of games, they are legitimately concerned with the legal hassle with getting their RIFs through the border.
Has anyone got any experience over these matters ?
Are airports to be avoided ?
Will they need proof of purchase/ownership of their RIFs ?

Edited by The_Roach
Syntax

I assume that you have a defence as in  a UKARA number? As they only legal thing would be for them to post them to you and you be the "Owner" while they are in the country. it's illegal for them to bring their RIFs in to the country themselves with out a defence and they can't get one. to be honest with the cost of postage the risk of loss they are better off hiring at the site you intend to play at. 

How many friends are we talking?  Can this be a justified purchase with SWMBO?  We keep saying we need backups for our backups....  Now you need pews for your pals - and they of course will need backups too.

Just  saying.

Wait... what ? I wasn't planning on buying guns for my mates. I mean, I'm a good mate, but not THAT good of a good mate. No, I briefly thought about them sending their RIFs to mine but it bears too much risk. Rentals it will be, they're fine with it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.