GBBR thoughts...

gavinkempsell

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

How much gas is enough gas & is there a technique to filling a mag more than filling with the nozzle upper most?

Asking because I filled a mag for a count of 5 which gave me around 5 shots,

then filled it to a count of 10 which didn't fair much better,

finally tried 3 seperate counts to 5 which gave me over 100 shots...

Mag was vented/emptied after each try.

Obviously my last attempt yielded the result I wanted but can I over fill a mag to the point of damaging it?

Colder magazines will fill better, new gas going into the mag will equalise the temps until the mag cools the gas down so adding gas then waiting and then adding more gas is the way to do it. It's hard to overfill a mag but I'm sure it's possible with some effort, unless the mag is designed to keep a bubble of gas in the mag when filling.

You can hear the liquid gas going in with your ear to the can.

On 13/12/2023 at 22:02, gavinkempsell said:

Following on from a conversation on the forum earlier tonight it got me thinking...

I know I'll get myself a GBBR at some point in the new year and would like some of your opinions please.

I tend to buy versions of pews I don't already own (a mix of props, replica's & AEG's) but like a mix of each 'type' and have aquired a few AR15's, AK's, Bullpups etc, each one is slightly different from the next, but I tend to use my SCAR or L85A2 in game & bring a third to use if I fancy a change, a pew is too hot or fails, basically I'd like to use each in my collection but like some more than others.

So, I'm looking at getting either...

a Tan Scar-H GBBR(WE seems to be the only choice)

or an M4A1 SOCOM GBBR(but I already have 2 AEG's)(like the idea of the realistic take down)

or an H&K 417 GBBR(for some reason I'm not keen on the 416 looks, despite being almost identical IMO)

or Mk18 GBBR

Do you have any strong opinions regarding any of these? (yes I've read through the other posts in the forum dut they tend to be focussed on one pew).

My budget is likely to be around the £500 mark with some wiggle room, mag prices seem to be fairly standard from most sites so that's a seperate budget.

or do you have any other suggestions for a GBBR?

Iv got a we scar for sale 

4 hours ago, Adam97 said:

Iv got a we scar for sale 

I know M8, I made an offer you didn't accept.

Spent the money on an XM177 after you rejected my offer.

Thanks anyway, I'll maybe get in contact again if you're still selling in a few months.

1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Than pop a listing in the classifieds with your name and todays date written on a piece of paper included in the pictures of it

Theres a good chap 😉

They already have a couple of times M8.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.