New TM MP7A1 shooting hot, need advice filling mags and lowering fps

Airsoftt

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just got a new TM MP7A1 and on Green gas its shooting around 348fps on 0.2g at 11 degrees. I haven't seen any reviews where its been shooting this hot.

I've since replaced the nozzle with an enhanced guarder one and started using white/blue gas, and cranked the hop a bit which gets me safely under the limit for my field (350fps on 0.2g or 1.14J). I don't have anywhere to set the hop until gameday so I just had to guess.

Could it be that I am overfilling my mags which is causing this? If so how long do other people fill them for? (I've never used 2 stage valves before).

Any other tips for lowering the FPS or filling mags?

With no hop applied there is always a possibility to get more FPS out of your gun. And depending on the gas pressure you can have hot guns.

I'm sure Abbey Predator/Nuprol 1.0 and similar pressured gases should lower your FPS.

I was staggered at how powerful mine was compared to an MWS, so yep, different gas and your hop will sort you right out.

Just double checking before I buy a test batch, is ASG ultra air lower power than nuprol 2.0? I would have assumed so but patrol base have it listed as "more powerful than normal green gas".

ASG Beige gas is about the same as Nuprol 2.0 in terms of pressure.

Abbey 144a is lower than Nuprol 1.0 “white gas” and should get it under the limit even on warm days.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.