Dog in the gamezone?

JVacation

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 hours ago, Tommikka said:

Councils and the RSPCA don’t have much of a sense of humour where animal welfare is concerned 

Righty so.

In my experience it's horse riders who are the worst. We used to have them trying to ride through site on more than one occasion (despite there being no public right of way) at my old site and the riders couldn't understand how loud bangs and the horse potentially getting shot could ruin their day. It was only when threatened with us calling the police they would leave

In my experience all the airsofters I've met loved dogs and when I take my labrador into the safe zone everyone wants to stroke him, so I don't think anyone would hurt the dog deliberately.

But in my experience many airsofers have little idea of gun safety and anyway in game all bets are off as it's spray and pray in any case, there's a high chance of the dog getting hit accidentally. Even assuming the dog is wearing actual dog eyepro as opposed to ill fitting human ones, there's still the chance of the dog's highly sensitive nose getting hit. It's not cruel per se to do this but it is neglect and frankly the marshall should have more common sense, not to say empathy.

As to the horse riders, that is very stupid indeed. The thing is that, as we are a much richer society than ever, while at the same time having a predominantly urban/suburban mentality, there are more clueless people with horses than ever, hence also their not apparently understanding the basic rural concept of rights of way.

Anyhoo I'm tempted to say that's likely to get sorted out via a Darwin Award situation as equestrianism is a super risky activity at the best of times, add in the aforementioned loud bangs and... Well Dobbin doesn't like sudden, noisy surprises and doesn't react well.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.