Spring powered M16 & Handguns valuation

Sisu

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've got the following spring powered guns which I would like some advice on valuation before I sell them. These are all spring powered plastic bodies about 15 years old. All have the appropriate licensed makers marks. 

All these are boxed and complete.

I've now decided to include an original US army issue M16 sling too. I believe the sling alone would be worth about £25.

Tokyo Marui M16A1 hopup
Walther PPK 
Colt 1911
M19 357 Magnum

Unfortunately I have only limited low res photos. Here's all of them without the boxes. 

I was thinking of £100 for a 'job lot' and collection only from Wiltshire. It's not possible for me to post them and I don't have the time to sell them individually. 

What do you think?

DSC04583 (2020_04_24 11_00_04 UTC)_v2.JPG

Edited by Sisu
clarification

• Supporters

If you're going to stick to collection only, I'd ask a bit more than that, or a bit less.

Why?  Because the key issue is whether there's a collector nearby who's interested in them as historical pieces.  If there is, then they might pay more. And if there isn't, then you're only going to get sweetie-money offers for them anyway.

Posting (and splitting) will significantly increase the chance of finding that collector.

OK, thanks. 

Anyone live near Wiltshire? 😅

I'm still thinking £100 is a bargain for the right person.

If the sling is £25 and the M16 another £25 that leaves the handguns at just under £17 each. 

I wouldn't be surprised if a trader tried to sell just the M16 for at least £100 - or is that unlikely?

I agree, posting and splitting would get me the most money but that's not an option for me just now. 

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Sisu said:

I'm minded to agree, that's why I'm suggesting asking more - it's finding that person that will be key.  Slapping it on every classifieds site will help.  Best of luck.

UPDATE

Unfortunately I won't be offering these for sale for the foreseable future. 

I just found out that my family are only willing to store them and not post or allow a buyer to collect them. Yes, sad but true. 

I'm going to try and arrange for a friend to collect them so he can help me sell them online but that won't be for quite a while. 

I'm living abroad so can't do anything hands-on myself in the UK.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2023 at 13:05, Sisu said:

OK, thanks. 

Anyone live near Wiltshire? 😅

If the sling is £25 and the M16 another £25 that leaves the handguns at just under £17 each. 

I wouldn't be surprised if a trader tried to sell just the M16 for at least £100 - or is that unlikely?

I agree, posting and splitting would get me the most money but that's not an option for me just now. 

100 collected sound good if not far 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.