AR-9 replicas - Specna SA-X01 vs SA-X02

jem

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Got my eyes set on an AR-9 replica and recently fell in love with my friend's Specna SA-X02.

Patrol Base have the SA-X01 (£260 in Tan) and the SA-X02 (£300 in Tan). 

My question: the external differences are very minor and don't really concern me, but does anyone know of any significant upgrades in the X02 that I'm missing?

Feel like I've read a thing or two about the X-02 having better internals but now can't seem to find...maybe I dreamed that 😅

Thanks!

Edited by jem

• jem changed the title to AR-9 replicas - Specna SA-X01 vs SA-X02

This is coming out soon - should be a much lower cost base gun (albeit all plastic) to stick some upgrades on.

image.png.3b56a1dd1d3c88574015436679dd6d52.png

15 minutes ago, jem said:

My question: the external differences are very minor and don't really concern me, but does anyone know of any significant upgrades in the X02 that I'm missing?

Both are Edge 2.0 - the only difference is the cosmetics. Internals should be the same, assuming they both came out of the factory around the same time. There have been rolling updates to the Edge series to resolve QA issues, so there might be minor variances in component choice.

8 hours ago, jem said:

Hi all,

Got my eyes set on an AR-9 replica and recently fell in love with my friend's Specna SA-X02.

Patrol Base have the SA-X01 (£260 in Tan) and the SA-X02 (£300 in Tan). 

Feel like I've read a thing or two about the X-02 having better internals but now can't seem to find...maybe I dreamed that 😅

Thanks!

I'd buy this ONE instead.

Edited by Krisz

11 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

This is coming out soon - should be a much lower cost base gun (albeit all plastic) to stick some upgrades on.

image.png.3b56a1dd1d3c88574015436679dd6d52.png

Both are Edge 2.0 - the only difference is the cosmetics. Internals should be the same, assuming they both came out of the factory around the same time. There have been rolling updates to the Edge series to resolve QA issues, so there might be minor variances in component choice.

I think that might've been what I'd read! potential for there to be fewer QA issues in the X-02, but nothing concrete. Thank you :)

Full polymer replicas definitely have their pros (cheaper and about 600g lighter than the X-02 in this case) but I do have a soft spot for metal

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Hmm, that is a decent feature list.  Any idea who the OEM is, and whether its got the QC to match?

Would be really interested to know this too - had a google and only seeing references to R&D precision, who appear to be the manufacturer of what the replica is based on.

On 21/09/2023 at 10:20, jem said:

Would be really interested to know this too - had a google and only seeing references to R&D precision, who appear to be the manufacturer of what the replica is based on.

On 21/09/2023 at 08:43, Rogerborg said:

Hmm, that is a decent feature list.  Any idea who the OEM is, and whether its got the QC to match?

Don't Lancer Tactical use a Zion Arms Nebula MOSFET inside the Gen3 AEGs? Could it possibly be a LT rebrand? It would be interesting as LT already have a PCC, the LT-35 Battle X.

£210 off PB for a full metal PCC base sounds like a half decent deal and i've read good things about the MOSFET from the LT Gen 3 reviews. For me, I'm not a big fan of the receiver design. I was hoping to find it elsewhere but it looks like it's a PatrolBase exclusive thing.

Edited by MrTea

• Supporters
19 hours ago, MrTea said:

Don't Lancer Tactical use a Zion Arms Nebula MOSFET inside the Gen3 AEGs? Could it possibly be a LT rebrand? It would be interesting as LT already have a PCC, the LT-35 Battle X.

Yup, looks like Lancer Tactical.

I'd be fascinated to see a comprehensive family tree / tangled shrub of airsoft OEMs, branders, and re-branders.  We get to hear it in dribs and drabs, but I'm not aware of anyone who keeps a full genealogy for the industry.

43 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Yup, looks like Lancer Tactical.

I'd be fascinated to see a comprehensive family tree / tangled shrub of airsoft OEMs, branders, and re-branders.  We get to hear it in dribs and drabs, but I'm not aware of anyone who keeps a full genealogy for the industry.

That person would have woken up at least once with a horse's head in the bed. Alternatively they would have moved onto an industry with more exacting and honest standards, something like homeopathy.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.