Battery charger question

lilyelimum

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all. I'm a complete newbe here. My sons friend very kindly gave him a black viper bb gun ...an old one of theirs but he has no battery. Model number is B4817. Can anyone advise what battery / charger he should get and where to get it. I have been told there are two different fittings ....deans or mini tamale ( prob spelt that wrong)

Thanks

20230910_195917.jpg

20230910_195926.jpg

20230910_195932.jpg

• Supporters

Given that's a plastic gearboxed gun, and being given away for reasons unknown, I wouldn't be spending more than the bare minimum necessary to find out if it even works.

Unfortunately, even the very cheapest combination of charger + battery is going to run you £30+.  Airsoft isn't a particularly cheap hobby to get into.

4817-1__96562.1612029002.1280.1280.jpg?c

1 hour ago, lilyelimum said:

He used it on Sat so we know it works . Thanks guys

he's bound to have an old charger knocking about you could have & a basic battery.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

I swithered between Thanks and Careful, Now on that one.  I mean, I'm sure it'll put electrons in, but my concern would be to which cells, and whether it will stop.

Still, charge in an Explosion Containment Pie Dish and it'll probably outlast the gearbox.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I swithered between Thanks and Careful, Now on that one.  I mean, I'm sure it'll put electrons in, but my concern would be to which cells, and whether it will stop.

Still, charge in an Explosion Containment Pie Dish and it'll probably outlast the gearbox.

You're not wrong and Big Clive would be proud. 

When I played with mine,  they seemed OK.  Cell volts were pretty even when I measured them. 

I would not use them as anything other than a lunchtime booster.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.