AA 1911 Mag dumping

Dan Robinson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Finally want to get round to fixing this ting which hgas never worked.  From new you could get one or two shots out before the slide stuck before getting home.

Now the slide moves fine, btu one shot an the mag dumps 99% of its gas, and the bb just rolls out.

Taking it apart, I can see thiings that are odd (to my inexpereinced eye)....

• The nozzle seems to stick, slightly, to the hop zeems to stick to the end of the barrel.
  • The hammer deosn't seem to reset fully after a trigger press - but I don't know the mechaniusm for this anyway.

The gun is clean and moving parts are lubed, and the mags are oterwise gas tight.

I can't quite see how to take the trigger.hamer mechniism out - there are no pins like there are in the Glocks we have.

Tah in advance.

This is proving to be a bit of a roller coaster ride LOL

The internal trigger mechanism has very little grease on it, btui nothing appears broken or missing.  So I'm goiung to add some lube now I am trying to put it al back together.

How many bits do we think I'll have left over?

Taking bets now.

2 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:
  • The nozzle seems to stick, slightly, to the hop zeems to stick to the end of the barrel.
  • The hammer deosn't seem to reset fully after a trigger press - but I don't know the mechaniusm for this anyway.

The nozzle sticking a bit in the hop is a good thing and all pistols should do that.  It shows a good seal until the reset.

Many pistols I have with a hammer do the same.  The hammer sits a bit out from its flush position.

Other than that I can't really help.  They are actually quite complex mechanisms.  Make sure the reset bars work so that when you manually rack the slide the hammer stays cocked.

Sometimes the sear faces get worn so things don't lock properly.

Edited by EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.