CYMA PLATINUM MP5 7.4v or 11.1v

Haru

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have the cyma plat mp5 upgraded version from patrolbase, I'm currently running with 7.4v lipos and the gun feels really nice. Patrolbase recommends 11.1v but I've heard stories of cyma mosfets burning and some say they've fixed that problem with the new batch. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I don't know what voltage he was using, but I know someone who had the Cyma platinum mp5 and his mosfet burned out. Not the end of the world, he just replaced it with a Perun, as the stock Cyma mosfets aren't the greatest.

29 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I don't know what voltage he was using, but I know someone who had the Cyma platinum mp5 and his mosfet burned out. Not the end of the world, he just replaced it with a Perun, as the stock Cyma mosfets aren't the greatest.

yeah, figured the mosfet will burn eventually, wondering what the life expectancy will be with 11.1s tho. I'd like to get a good amount of use out of it before needing to replace anything

The issue with the CYMA is not a MOSFET. A MOSFET is a chip that allows the vast majority of the power to flow directly from the battery to the motor, instead of through the trigger contacts.

The issue is with the trigger mechanism, which is a very small microswitch. When unprotected microswitches experience vibration, the contacts bounce, causing current to switch on and off sometimes thousands of times a second. This causes immense heat build up, and burns these units out quickly.

It’s impossible to predict exactly when they will burn out. I’ve seen some burn out within a couple games, and some last for more like 3-4 game days. They will do this on any battery, as it’s not the voltage but the current doing the damage due to CYMA’s design flaw.

It’s a critical issue with the series and I don’t know why people recommend them. As long as people are still buying, CYMA isn’t fixing.

You can replace them flatly for an excellent Perun Hybrid ETU.

51 minutes ago, Leo Greer said:

The issue with the CYMA is not a MOSFET. A MOSFET is a chip that allows the vast majority of the power to flow directly from the battery to the motor, instead of through the trigger contacts.

The issue is with the trigger mechanism, which is a very small microswitch. When unprotected microswitches experience vibration, the contacts bounce, causing current to switch on and off sometimes thousands of times a second. This causes immense heat build up, and burns these units out quickly.

It’s impossible to predict exactly when they will burn out. I’ve seen some burn out within a couple games, and some last for more like 3-4 game days. They will do this on any battery, as it’s not the voltage but the current doing the damage due to CYMA’s design flaw.

It’s a critical issue with the series and I don’t know why people recommend them. As long as people are still buying, CYMA isn’t fixing.

You can replace them flatly for an excellent Perun Hybrid ETU.

funnily enough my cyma has stopped working after a single skirmish. just waiting for my perun hybrid to come through the mail now. hopefully i dont make it any worse than it already is

53 minutes ago, Haru said:

funnily enough my cyma has stopped working after a single skirmish. just waiting for my perun hybrid to come through the mail now. hopefully i dont make it any worse than it already is

The Perun should be a flat drop in replacement, so assuming you can get the gearbox back together correctly (YouTube is amazing here), you’ll be doing well.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.