Help Diagnosing/Fixing Issues or find a tech?

neekgate

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bought a Specna SA-E19 Edge 2 and was running it stock having no problems.
Dropped a few upgrades in:
-Specna 6.02mm steel barrel
-Maple leaf omega nub
-Maple leaf macaron yellow

As soon as these were in the gun i was having issues with feeding and also some BBs either flying to both sides or up very high, as well some BBs just dropping instantly.
I noticed the lips on the new bucking were protruding into the hop feed and blocking BBs. I tried swapping everything back to stock and these issues persisted.
I've now tried all variations of new and stock parts and cannot get the gun to shoot well. I'm wondering now if its nozzle related?
Any help with diagnosis would be appreciated, or if you think I should just get a tech to look at it, let me know of any decent techs.

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Pseudotectonic said:

And what mags are you using?

Good question, Specnas can be super-fussy.  Somewhere on here are the magazine and feed tube measurements I took that show over 1mm of variance between "M4" mags. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it's very noticeable when you put them side-by-side.

37 minutes ago, Pseudotectonic said:

Dry fire upside down and without mags, can you see the nozzle moving normally?

And what mags are you using?

I'm aware of specnas being fussy with mags, tried with specna S mags as well as a few different mid and hi-cap mags but always same issues.
As for watching the nozzle I can see it entering the hop chamber when i dryfire but I don't really know what to be looking out for. 

25 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Good question, Specnas can be super-fussy.  Somewhere on here are the magazine and feed tube measurements I took that show over 1mm of variance between "M4" mags. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it's very noticeable when you put them side-by-side.

I've read through your post! but these issues persist with Specna's own mags so im unsure if its a mag problem, but also im stupid and maybe it is lol

in my experience
stock specnas will happily run about 260-280 fps with no issue, they wont be amazing, but they will run

specna are one of those brands that can do nice externals, but their gearbox work leaves much to be desired
would expect what little air seal it had, has now gone completely
likely needs cracking open and servicing
(although if you still have flyers, then it might just be hop-side related)

i would also advise against using the ML omega nub with that rubber. their nubs are very hard, and can cause issues with feeding
the gearparts(XT) omega style nub works better, as is softer than ML's
(prob go with this one; XT Omega Nub Soft 70)

I initially suspected it was merely issues with the ML omega nub, but you mentioned you swapped it back to stock and still having the problems.

Service it yourself if you're confident to do so (swap out the ML omega nub), or drop it in to a tech
///

1 hour ago, neekgate said:

these issues persist with Specna's own mags so im unsure if its a mag problem, but also im stupid and maybe it is lol

I doubt it is. I've used loads of different brands of mags through my Specna Arms hop unit and nozzle when I was doing testing. S-mags, battleaxe, nuprol, nuprol hex mags, valken, PTS and then again after i'd rebuilt the gearbox with new parts. Never had a feed issue.

30 minutes ago, -davo- said:

i would also advise against using the ML omega nub with that rubber. their nubs are very hard, and can cause issues with feeding

Disagree. I'm still using that hop rubber & nub combo in my build with the stock blue plastic hop unit and i've never had a feed issue.

3 hours ago, neekgate said:

some BBs either flying to both sides or up very high

I would first suggest making sure the hop rubber itself has no oil/grease/lubrication on the outside or inside. This could be a potential cause. I'd also suggest checking how much play the hop arm has and turn it all the way off/on and check if there's excess play (and it's actually working). Look down the barrel with the hop fully on and make sure it's protruding into the barrel a good amount.

I would have suggested cleaning the barrel in case there's anything in there causing inconsistency with the BBs but you say it's doing it on the stock barrel too.

When I install hop rubbers I like to press down on the hop window (on the barrel) and make sure the contact patch is fully visible. I do this again once i've rebuilt the hop unit to make sure nothings moved.

Edited by MrTea

10 hours ago, -davo- said:

(although if you still have flyers, then it might just be hop-side related)

///

Still have a lot of flyers so I think gearbox is fine and nozzle seems to be pushing ok. I've heard of many people using the omega nub in these guns and seems to be fine

9 hours ago, MrTea said:

would first suggest making sure the hop rubber itself has no oil/grease/lubrication on the outside or inside. This could be a potential cause. I'd also suggest checking how much play the hop arm has and turn it all the way off/on and check if there's excess play (and it's actually working). Look down the barrel with the hop fully on and make sure it's protruding into the barrel a good amount.

I've looked down the barrel and hop looks all good it's assembled correctly and pushing into the barrel. I'll have a look into the hop arm play and check if the bucking is greasy 

1 hour ago, Hudson said:

Did you lose the sealing spring on your hop unit?

Nope

Edited by neekgate

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.