TTI PCC carbine (AAP-01) – worthwhile?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve a few AEGs, and now have developed a bit of a hankering for something rather different. A GBB pistol carbine rather appeals, and having handled a SSX303 a while back, that initially crossed my mind. However, I already have an upgraded Mk23, and know the trigger to be horrible. And frankly, would like a bit of variety – so my attentions have turned to an AAP-01 based carbine.

Plenty of 3d printed options abound, but really I would like something that is fully metal – which is why I’ve turned my attention to the TTI PCC carbine for the AAP-01.

However I’ve managed to find relatively little genuine discussion of its merits online (including in this forum); and when all the various parts have been purchased + assembled it will be rather expensive (including a load of G17 mags – I'm starting to regret previously putting all my eggs in the G19 basket!).

Does anyone on here own one, and if so, how does it genuinely perform?

Can it really be a contender for a decent DMR without a stupid amount of upgrades (I already have a DMR’d SR25)?

What is the kit quality like, and would it be a sensible route to get into (occasional) GBBR usage?

By the deafening silence, I am guessing that the answer to the overall question (is the TTI PCC carbine kit worthwhile?)....is a resounding no!

Regardless of the lack of replies it looks cool & you obviously like it so do what makes you happy, if anyone on here had one or even has an opinion on it you'd know about it(apart from my reply of course).

Might take longer than 24hrs to get a better response tho.

Edited by gavinkempsell

I have one and:

It's stupid expensive but imo it's the best option if you want to turn your aap into a carbine, mostly because it replaces the plastic upper allowing for more rigidity.

The other kits either use the stock upper as a connector piece or wrap around it, while it may be cheaper it's not as precise as the TTI.

The kit comes with buffer tube adapter that takes both AEG and GBB tubes, but you can also use the AA folding stock (you'll need to use the TTI bridge otherwise the rail won't sit flush).

The upper comes with a threaded portion for your AEG handguard (TTI says it's also GBB/RS compatible but I sadly can't test this) and a small barrel stub that is just enough to cover the stock 129mm barrel, but should you wish you can replace it for an M4 barrel of your desired length.

It has a built-in TDC that works really well, although the only negative is that it has clicks and may or may not have the perfect hop adjustment for your liking, but this can be sorted easily.

I have set mine up as a SMG, with a G&G ARP-9 handguard and AA folding stock, but it can be used as a pocket dmr as well because the range is just silly, even at 1J with a 129mm inner.

Edited by Skara

Thanks all, appreciated! I guess they are not quite as numerous as I'd assumed! Skara, great info. What length inner barrel did you go for in yours, and have you an estimate of rough useable range? Is it really DMR territory?

1 minute ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Thanks all, appreciated! I guess they are not quite as numerous as I'd assumed! Skara, great info. What length inner barrel did you go for in yours, and have you an estimate of rough useable range? Is it really DMR territory?

Stock 129mm, I'm limited to 0.99J in Italy so it doesn't make sense to go longer since it's already borderline hot.

Range on GG and 0.30s we're at about 60/65 metres, could push further with 0.4s but at 1J they're just too slow for anything that's not a paper target 

3 hours ago, Skara said:

Stock 129mm, I'm limited to 0.99J in Italy so it doesn't make sense to go longer since it's already borderline hot.

Range on GG and 0.30s we're at about 60/65 metres, could push further with 0.4s but at 1J they're just too slow for anything that's not a paper target 

smashing, appreciated!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.