TM 417 NGRS pricing advice

AdamH89

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys & girls,

I have recently acquired a TM 417 NGRS as a trade from a friend ( a very trusted friend) who has stated that there has been a lot of work and parts put into it, around 3k he said.

I have handed it over to my tech who has stripped and fixed a chewed up wire and he confirmed it has had a lot done to it (Titan NGRS, prometheus gears, high torque motor etc) but maybe not quite 3k (but could be) 

Here lies my problem, I'm interested in potentially selling it to fund some repairs on my car, but I do not have a definitive list of upgrades as they were on the friends old phone he does not have access too it anymore, I don't want to sell myself short on this as it is with a heavy heart I'm even considering selling it as it is a beast in woodland skirmishes!

Any helpful advice on a price point I should consider which would be reasonable for myself and the potential buyer would be greatly appreciated! 

Adam

• Supporters

A big factor would be who did the work IMO. You wouldn’t be likely to get anywhere close to that though either way.

The problem with messing with recoils is you could make a gun that’s known to be reliable stock much less reliable.

ideally it’s done by someone with a good rep and you can get the receipts to prove it

also it’s a niche market as people can buy a new recoil and get a few bits like the hop done to get a well performing gun for a few hundred

Your friend doesn’t sound like much of one, no one spends 3k on an airsoft gnu and doesn’t remember what they did or who did it, any tech  doing that kind of work keeps a record of it for warranty .

on my old phone , can’t remember? 

oh dear .

At a guess , with zero factual info other than it’s been messed around with in a previous life and ANOTHER tech has fixed said mistakes then I’m afraid it’s just another 417 recoil .

£300-£400 , maybe 🤷🏼‍♂️

I can't imagine anything that would take you to £3k's worth of upgrades. I had a "fully upgraded" SCAR NGR's with a Titan, Prometheus Gears, inner barrel....basically all that was left TM was the body, hop unit and trigger. That brought it up to a £1200 build (including cost of the RIF). I've just double-checked and Eagle 6 will sell you a brand new, maxed out 416 for £1450.

Anyway, I sold mine for £590. Bearing in mind I was the first owner and could list all the parts, plus demonstrate the work had been done by one of the leading NGRS techs. None of which applies in your case, so I certainly don't think you'd be "selling yourself short" if you were even in the same ballpark. Especially as people are staring to realise a "Fully Upgraded" NGRS does little more than a RIF costing a quarter of the price.

There's nothing stopping you listing it for something like £500 and then you can drop as your need to sell increases.

I agree with Jim, doesn't sound like much of a friend. I always find there is 1 "friend" in every group that makes money or takes the p out of the others on stuff financially. 

I can't see any ngrs  that's been upgraded by unknown parts by unknown techs getting more than £500 and even if it was the best tech in the world.....your tech who fixed the wire has effectively made them irrelevant (as he could have introduced God knows how many issues).

£400 is around the value id expect you to achieve. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.