Raven 1911 HI CAPA GBB trigger not working

Robby47

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all this is my first post here,

Dropped my Raven 1911 from about 1ft while it was in a holster and the rear of the grip came off and i can't press the trigger. 

Tried to squeeze the metal pin and put in nearly back into place but still not working or clicked into place.

Tried looking in the forum but it's like a needle in a haystack although i will definitely keep digging around and post the solution here if i find it.

Thank you!!

Edited by Robby47

• Supporters

Hi and welcome to the madhouse!

Try having a look on YouTube for "airsoft 1911 disassembly" or "Raven 1911 disassembly", you might find that you've lost more out the back when it went all pingfuckit!

That said (and yes, this is going to be harsh), Raven pistols are garbage. Bin it and get something better.

• Robby47 changed the title to Raven 1911 MEU/GBB trigger not working
4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Hi and welcome to the madhouse!

Try having a look on YouTube for "airsoft 1911 disassembly" or "Raven 1911 disassembly", you might find that you've lost more out the back when it went all pingfuckit!

That said (and yes, this is going to be harsh), Raven pistols are garbage. Bin it and get something better.

Thanks I dont mind giving it a try anyway i found this video will give it a try and update. It seems the rear safety is not clicking back into place should i just take out the handles to slot it back in?

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Robby47 said:

Thanks I dont mind giving it a try anyway i found this video will give it a try and update. It seems the rear safety is not clicking back into place should i just take out the handles to slot it back in?

Fair play for giving it a go!

This might be a better walkthrough for disassembly 

• Robby47 changed the title to Raven 1911 HI CAPA GBB trigger not working
6 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Fair play for giving it a go!

This might be a better walkthrough for disassembly 

Appreciate it - i should have added my 1911 is a HI capa and the dude did say the frame assembly is quite different to his (although the rest of the internals are the same)

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Robby47 said:

Appreciate it - i should have added my 1911 is a HI capa and the dude did say the frame assembly is quite different to his (although the rest of the internals are the same)

Is it this: https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/raven-meu-railed-series-1911-gbb-pistol ?

On 21/06/2023 at 16:10, Lozart said:

Dude - it was 10:30Pm i was sweating but it's FIXED!! thank you so much - on an unrelated note - what is a better quality pistol to get? (i'm assuming umarex or tokyo but looking to spend around £150) - i saw this one https://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/product/tokyo-marui-hi-capa-gold-match-gas-blowback-pistol-4761 

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, Robby47 said:

Dude - it was 10:30Pm i was sweating but it's FIXED!! thank you so much - on an unrelated note - what is a better quality pistol to get? (i'm assuming umarex or tokyo but looking to spend around £150) - i saw this one https://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/product/tokyo-marui-hi-capa-gold-match-gas-blowback-pistol-4761 

Awesome! Glad you sorted it!

I'd say Tokyo Marui. The Gold Match is a decent choice or the 5.1 or DOR models equally as good.

A vote of confidence for the TM D.O.R. from me, it's a great pistol that has worked even in the cold of winter.

I am thinking of getting an M9 as an alternate, because I think they do look very cool, and I like the double action trigger as that means I don't need to leave the gun cocked in my holster.

Or a Glock, though I'm wary of the newer versions with their big mag release buttons being famous for losing mags.

If you go with some flavour of TM then try to get one of the newer models with the enhanced 15mm Blow Back Unit, and the thicker mag.  The extra gas and power give the best performance.  This includes the DOR, the 5.1 Hi Capa,  Gold Match, the FNX-45, PX4, M9  and the newer Glocks.  There's a list out there somewhere**. Be careful as different versions of the same gun may or may not have the enhanced BBU, and if you're going with TM and their plastic slides, you might as well get the best of them.

Alternatively, if you want the feel of a steel slide and are prepared to lose some performance*... Well I'll let other people make recommendations there.

* Where performance = ability to spam the trigger without getting cool-down effects really quickly.  You'll probably get more raw performance in terms of FPS from most other guns as TM's run at 'only' 280-300fps but have a very good range and accuracy regardless.  Good ol' TM pixie dust in the internals!

** Edit: here's the list from a 2 yr old reddit post, I'm pretty sure the M9A1 can be added to the list, and it's missing the H-Capa Gold and the DOR which definitely have the 15mm unit...
"The following TM's have the 15mm enlarged cylinder: USP, USP COMPACT, M&P9/PL, Beretta Px4, HK45, FN45x, G19 GEN3, G17 GEN4, M45A1, V10 Ultra Compact"

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
On 23/06/2023 at 07:43, RostokMcSpoons said:

I am thinking of getting an M9 as an alternate, because I think they do look very cool, and I like the double action trigger as that means I don't need to leave the gun cocked in my holster.

If you go TM, get the M9A1.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/06/2023 at 00:00, Lozart said:

Awesome! Glad you sorted it!

I'd say Tokyo Marui. The Gold Match is a decent choice or the 5.1 or DOR models equally as good.

Hi Lozard just a quick update:

The Raven you helped me fix is still working OK and i have my TM 5.1 DOR on the way (SOO excited!!).

The Raven 1911 however seems to be missing the little clip that the safety clip clicks in to (see image)

It works ok but often the safety pin goes out to the left causing a jam which is easily fixed but a little annoying!

I'm open to upgrading to TM parts if i need to buy parts and if they fit my Raven as I don't mind making the old pistol a little side project of mine.

Thank you for all your help  

tm pin2.jpg

Edited by Robby47
better picture

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.