Old Tokyo Marui M4A1 AEG (non-EBB) railed handguard fitment

grumio

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I have an old TM M4A1, the same as the one listed here: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-m4a1-airsoft-gun-aeg

I'm happy with it, but want to fit a KAC-style railed handguard. I've been looking all over the place but can't find any trace of the handguard which would fit the stock setup, or the specific parts (mainly delta ring) needed to use other handguards. I know other variations of this AEG were made which came fitted with the railed handguard– I saw this one for sale recently.

71442984_Screenshot2023-05-17at08_11.34copy.thumb.png.6b740a244aafcbc3a03b6ee124c7e695.png

Apologies since this is a super niche question, but I would greatly appreciate any pointers towards where I could find this handguard or how I could adapt one with a different fitment. Cheers.

I actually have a Tokyo Marui KAC style front rail going spare if you’re interested, has been painted lightly. Here it is on a G&G outer barrel set up. 

5A39ECEC-985F-4A6C-B9DB-BC754BAA79D6.jpeg

8 hours ago, DRG said:

I actually have a Tokyo Marui KAC style front rail going spare if you’re interested, has been painted lightly. Here it is on a G&G outer barrel set up. 

5A39ECEC-985F-4A6C-B9DB-BC754BAA79D6.jpeg

Is the fitment the same as the TM M4 GBBR setup? I've already bought one and found out the fitment is different for the stock delta ring + 2 others. I might end up going for a whole new outer barrel setup but again I need to figure out what the fitment is for it.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, grumio said:

Hi all,

I have an old TM M4A1, the same as the one listed here: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-m4a1-airsoft-gun-aeg

I'm happy with it, but want to fit a KAC-style railed handguard. I've been looking all over the place but can't find any trace of the handguard which would fit the stock setup, or the specific parts (mainly delta ring) needed to use other handguards. I know other variations of this AEG were made which came fitted with the railed handguard– I saw this one for sale recently.

71442984_Screenshot2023-05-17at08_11.34copy.thumb.png.6b740a244aafcbc3a03b6ee124c7e695.png

Apologies since this is a super niche question, but I would greatly appreciate any pointers towards where I could find this handguard or how I could adapt one with a different fitment. Cheers.

I have/had one of those. I say had because it's still in my possession but much like Triggers Broom it bears almost no resemblance to the original.

Anyhoo, you will probably need to fit a "standard" style delta nut which has a toothed inner ring instead of the two lug version that Marui fitted. Super easy to do, buy one from here: https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/element-delta-ring-black-m4-series-11705-p.asp, remove the outer barrel, take off the old delta ring (remove the handguard, push the inner part of the ring down and rotate to line up the lugs then it should come off then unscrew the inner nut part from the receiver), then screw on the new one (an armourers wrench is handy but not essential for this as they have a bnit that locates in the toothed section of the new nut). Then all you need to do is find a suitable KAC rail and whack it in.

On 31/05/2023 at 12:28, Lozart said:

I have/had one of those. I say had because it's still in my possession but much like Triggers Broom it bears almost no resemblance to the original.

Anyhoo, you will probably need to fit a "standard" style delta nut which has a toothed inner ring instead of the two lug version that Marui fitted. Super easy to do, buy one from here: https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/element-delta-ring-black-m4-series-11705-p.asp, remove the outer barrel, take off the old delta ring (remove the handguard, push the inner part of the ring down and rotate to line up the lugs then it should come off then unscrew the inner nut part from the receiver), then screw on the new one (an armourers wrench is handy but not essential for this as they have a bnit that locates in the toothed section of the new nut). Then all you need to do is find a suitable KAC rail and whack it in.

Cheers for the advice. Will a standard delta ring fit since the stock TM outer barrel has two lugs protruding at the base? The stock TM d-ring has cuts to slide past them but I don't know if you'd be able to fit a standard delta ring with the cuts in place. I'm at the point where I am tempted to start filing bits away to make it fit.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, grumio said:

Cheers for the advice. Will a standard delta ring fit since the stock TM outer barrel has two lugs protruding at the base? The stock TM d-ring has cuts to slide past them but I don't know if you'd be able to fit a standard delta ring with the cuts in place. I'm at the point where I am tempted to start filing bits away to make it fit.

You have a couple of options, either file away the lugs on the outer barrel or just bin the outer barrel completely and get a solid one that doesn't come in three parts. That also has the benefit of making the whole front end more stable!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airsoft-Inches-Aluminum-Barrel-Extension/dp/B07GCK9774/ref=pd_lpo_sccl_1/260-1342477-8989408?pd_rd_w=QDzdW&content-id=amzn1.sym.efc89c20-c5a9-4620-b6cd-2f4e51bac956&pf_rd_p=efc89c20-c5a9-4620-b6cd-2f4e51bac956&pf_rd_r=CA1Q46N2ATP9DRTRAZJT&pd_rd_wg=KhQf6&pd_rd_r=36e3011f-5103-46f3-81b8-45088ff13695&pd_rd_i=B07GCK9774&psc=1

NOTE - you CAN get them cheaper than this (the cyma ones are good) this is just one that's in stock. I may actually have a spare one, I'll drop you a PM if I can find it!

10 hours ago, Lozart said:

You have a couple of options, either file away the lugs on the outer barrel or just bin the outer barrel completely and get a solid one that doesn't come in three parts. That also has the benefit of making the whole front end more stable!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airsoft-Inches-Aluminum-Barrel-Extension/dp/B07GCK9774/ref=pd_lpo_sccl_1/260-1342477-8989408?pd_rd_w=QDzdW&content-id=amzn1.sym.efc89c20-c5a9-4620-b6cd-2f4e51bac956&pf_rd_p=efc89c20-c5a9-4620-b6cd-2f4e51bac956&pf_rd_r=CA1Q46N2ATP9DRTRAZJT&pd_rd_wg=KhQf6&pd_rd_r=36e3011f-5103-46f3-81b8-45088ff13695&pd_rd_i=B07GCK9774&psc=1

NOTE - you CAN get them cheaper than this (the cyma ones are good) this is just one that's in stock. I may actually have a spare one, I'll drop you a PM if I can find it!

Yeah, I think the outer barrel is my next step– my only worry is the compatibility of different parts and ending up with a load of stuff that doesn't fit together.

On the topic of filing bits away, I've already tried modifying the original d-ring and outer barrel with no luck. I'm a bit worried about just fucking things up but I'm probably already committed enough at this point.

• Supporters
On 02/06/2023 at 20:18, grumio said:

Yeah, I think the outer barrel is my next step– my only worry is the compatibility of different parts and ending up with a load of stuff that doesn't fit together.

On the topic of filing bits away, I've already tried modifying the original d-ring and outer barrel with no luck. I'm a bit worried about just fucking things up but I'm probably already committed enough at this point.

Been there, done that. Modifying the TM delta ring is the wrong route, you have to swap it out for a proper style one with the star ring in the middle (as discussed). If you file the lugs off to make the TM outer barrel fit you'll be fine, the rest of it is "standard".  It's exactly what I did with mine.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.