Transporting a airsoft gun to the UK

realcapmayhem
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi i just wanted to know what are the rules for a foreigner transporting a airsoft gun to the UK are? I am from the USA and a wanted to attend the ground zero OP. my gun is not two tone and has no orange tip. it is also a gas blow back. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

• Supporters

Hmm, I'm not sure..

But it'll need to be two tone, unless you have a defence, like UKARA.

And it would be logical for it to need to comply with USA laws as well.

If you post it, whoever you post to would need UKARA, otherwise it will get stopped at customs.

If you ask Finius, he'll most probably know.

• Supporters
Hmm, I'm not sure..

But it'll need to be two tone, unless you have a defence, like UKARA.

And it would be logical for it to need to comply with USA laws as well.

If you post it, whoever you post to would need UKARA, otherwise it will get stopped at customs.

If you ask Finius, he'll most probably know.

Don't think you would, the vcra doesn't talk about owning guns etc.

If you already own it I think you just need to check with your airliner as dev said

This was covered in one of the airsoft mag articles, no guarentee this acurate but they mentioned it was legal to come in to play. Example used was the Irish and French teams coming to take part in a international game in UK.

Defence was importing is illegal without UKARA or similar defence. However in this case the gusis not remaining in the UK, so you are not importing it, selling it, etc so its ok. Barring usual problems with getting it on a plane, etc. Post is a bad plan as if it gets intercepted by customs (real posibility) then it could be impounded if not going to someone with a defence.

Its not from the article 100% clear, so call ahead is best option and be going to a booked game.

Archived