AEG shoots at 0.5J on 11.1v battery, but 1.1j on 7.4v. Why?

Vendivorex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

Just a quick one as I really can't figure this out. 

So today on site, while my AEG was being chrono'd, it came out too hot at 1.3J (my site limit is 1.14J. It had an m120 spring inside, so I quickly changed the Spring to a 110. 

When I came back, there was a significant power drop to 0.5J. I couldn't work it out at all and decided to use my back up rifle. When I got home I had a look on my own chrono and got the same result, yet when I swapped the batteries over (from 11.1v to 7.4v) the power jumped back up to 1.1J.

The batteries have the same ampage and C output, so I am stumped. Any ideas why the power drop using 11.1v? Both batteries were fully charged.

12 minutes ago, Vendivorex said:

I think this is totally right! It is a KWA rifle as well!! 

Thank you so much, you are a star and spot on.

Negative Airsoft has had to deal with a stack of KWA's with low power on 11.1v LiPos. There's a video on his Patreon with the 'fix' for the problem.

You will need to add a bushing onto the Tappet spring guide to increase the spring tension, and you might also have to cut the tappet fin down (DSG style) so it will release earlier in the firing cycle to get nozzle moving forward earlier. If you cut the fin down - remove the delayer chip as well.

image.png.b5794827e489910ed13b5277ff71cfe1.png

image.png.32b43170a28be2a2e7a8361dafbda172.png

I intend to do the same mods on my my KWA once I notice any kind of power drop.

I take no credit for the info above - if this helps you fix your gun - please consider signing up to Negative Airsoft's Patreon for a fiver a month, even just for one month. There's loads of information in his longer-form videos that you won't see in his standard youtube releases.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.