What's with the tiny file sizes?

Jez_Armstrong

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I can't upload a photo that's only 6.83kb that's absolutely stupid, everytime I go to post a photo the size of allowance changes and this is the lowest I've seen 

I can't even share the screenshot of what I'm trying to show you all 😂

Edited by Jez_Armstrong

True.  I was thinking more like see if there are any old classified listings long since sold with pics taking up valuable space.  Or maybe go back to posts and delete images and replace with compressed versions.

Yeah I've managed to free up 60% of what I've used but unfortunately it might leave some threads without photos, fine if it's just showing off photos but if its a tech help thing that might be tricky for someone in the future looking to fix that specific issue 

Thanks for pointing it out though I didn't realise it was a thing! 

2 hours ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

Thanks for pointing it out though I didn't realise it was a thing! 

Most forums that I have used just limit the size per upload, and try to encourage the use of linked images etc

Every forum has its hosting limits, and as with networks in the olden days could find themselves very overloaded by user content.  Networks nowadays set user limits and will allocate a maximum storage level per user

I like this forums way of managing image sizes as a limit per user, and gives the ability to the user to manage that rather than the forum owner/admins needing to either buy more space or purge files.

I think I’ve only experienced the space issue preventing me from uploading once and dealt with it by reviewing my content and replacing larger files with scaled down copies. (Possibly just deleted some, but I prefer to downsize to keep the context of a post)

Having just looked I’m 89% full, so I’ll remind myself to have another tidy up

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.