Dmr sight set up.

ghostwalker

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I am venturing into the dmr world soon, having purchased a tm g3 sg1.

I know the easiest way to get magnified sights on a aeg platform is something like the variable 1-4 type short dots etc.

But I was thinking of running something more like a aimpoint clone on cantilever Mount with a flip to side magnifier behind it.

Does anyone use this as opposed to a standard single magnified sight and if so did you have issues getting the 2 sights lined up properly. 

If you're going down the magnifier route don't cheap out. The cheap mounts wobble making it impossible to aim when using the magnifier. The quality of the glass is important too. You're looking through 4 pieces of glass and if they're cheap each one will darken your sight picture. Have a look at the options from vortex

it had been my thoughts especially when you take in to consideration their warranty.

But do you use a kill flash or anything with them for additional protection. (yes i may have just pulled the trigger on  a strikefire 2 red dot and the 3x magnifier)

5 minutes ago, ghostwalker said:

it had been my thoughts especially when you take in to consideration their warranty.

But do you use a kill flash or anything with them for additional protection. (yes i may have just pulled the trigger on  a strikefire 2 red dot and the 3x magnifier)

The advantage  in using a kill flash is not getting you sight shot out on the day. Vortex U.K. have a two or three day turnaround to replace a shot-out sight, so not a huge issue

Thats fair and beyond expectation. Its not something i have ever experienced and touch wood. I hope never happens. But atleast theres reassurance.

Now just to find the other bits for my G3 sg1 plan. Somethings seem to be rocking horse poo though.

Though i had planned on spraying the who rif/sight combo in a woodland camo. Not sure if thats such a good idea or would have any impact on the vortex warranty either.

Edited by ghostwalker

29 minutes ago, ghostwalker said:

Thats fair and beyond expectation. Its not something i have ever experienced and touch wood. I hope never happens. But atleast theres reassurance.

Now just to find the other bits for my G3 sg1 plan. Somethings seem to be rocking horse poo though.

Though i had planned on spraying the who rif/sight combo in a woodland camo. Not sure if thats such a good idea or would have any impact on the vortex warranty either.

Makes no difference to the warranty, they don’t care

If anything, a killflash is useful for... well... killing the flash. I've never been spotted because of scope glint, but it's a thing that can happen. When I finally invest in some Vortex scopes, I'm getting real-steel killflashes for all of them.

Edited by Impulse

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.