417 safety selector

Chek

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently bought a VFC HK417 which had a loose screw holding the safety selector in place... I don't have a hex/allen key that small so I managed to  unscrewed it with some long nose pliers before it fell out itself but now I don't know what size key to use to screw it back in (after spraying the gun), or where to find one that small. 

The smallest hex key I own is about the same thickness as the screw.

Anyone encountered something similar and can advise?

Many thanks 

Apologies for taking so long to get back to you.
I've tried all my small hex keys, both imperial (1/16" and 0.05") and metric (1.5mm and 1.27mm), and none of them seem to fit!  I might just be being very ham-fisted but peering into the holes on the selector levers on each side, there's very little for the things to bite into.

Lozart's set of hex drivers would be good - I have one small hex driver and it's always feels easier to use than the Allen keys, so useful regardless of whether it solves this specific problem it's a good purchase

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.