Quality control

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have fitted three Guarder frames to three Marui Glocks - a 22, 34 and 17 Gen4. Two were fine and one needed quite a bit of sanding.

The fourth ( 19 Gen 3) has been an absolute ball ache. The holes were badly aligned and I managed to screw up two out of the three chassis pins.  The top of  the frame was all over the place. I tried to sand it flat and thought I had suceeded but the slide jammed and it took me an hour to get it off with a plastic mallet, ripping up the base of the outer barrel in the process and losing a slide stop spring I will probably never find. 

In fairness I should point out that the Marui top pin on the 17 Gen 4 (the one that secures the trigger screw) was also a bugger to drive out. Turns out it had nasty spiral tool marks on it. So it isn't just Guarder.

It has become extremely difficult to source Marui parts. Even Eagle Six is not particularly well stocked these days. Even some big Far Eastern shops have shortages.

Is it possible to get replacement parts direct from Marui if you are outside Japan? I imagine not.

I am considering measuring my buggered up chassis pins  with calipers and sourcing dowel pins from a UK  engineering firm. Has anyone else ever done this? I imagine the TM ones are made of steel.

In future I will stick with TM frames even though the ABS gets shiny in no time.

I had been considering a Guarder CNC slide and barrel set but after my experience of their quality control I am now reluctant to risk it.

Edited by emilianoksa

11 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

I have fitted three Guarder frames to three Marui Glocks - a 22, 34 and 17 Gen4. Two were fine and one needed quite a bit of sanding.

The fourth ( 19 Gen 3) has been an absolute ball ache. The holes were badly aligned and I managed to screw up two out of the three chassis pins.  The top of  the frame was all over the place. I tried to sand it flat and thought I had suceeded but the slide jammed and it took me an hour to get it off with a plastic mallet, ripping up the base of the outer barrel in the process and losing a slide stop spring I will probably never find. 

In fairness I should point out that the Marui top pin on the 17 Gen 4 (the one that secures the trigger screw) was also a bugger to drive out. Turns out it had nasty spiral tool marks on it. So it isn't just Guarder.

It has become extremely difficult to source Marui parts. Even Eagle Six is not particularly well stocked these days. Even some big Far Eastern shops have shortages.

Is it possible to get replacement parts direct from Marui if you are outside Japan? I imagine not.

I am considering measuring my buggered up chassis pins  with calipers and sourcing dowel pins from a UK  engineering firm. Has anyone else ever done this? I imagine the TM ones are made of steel.

In future I will stick with TM frames even though the ABS gets shiny in no time.

I had been considering a Guarder CNC slide and barrel set but after my experience of their quality control I am now reluctant to risk it.

Hm. I put together a Marui G26 using a Guarder frame with a custom made slide and built a Marui G17 Gen. 4 using Guarder frame and Guarder alu slide. No sanding/issues/swearing. It seems you need luck in airsoft just like in real life. :D

My go to usually Armsaholic, Boomarms, Rainbow8, Ehobbyasia etc. regarding parts.

You certainly able to buy parts from Impluse101 but shipping isn't gonna cheap. Marui does only care about domestic market I'd very suprised if you could get parts from them directly.

Edited by Krisz

8 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks.

I looked at Impulse but they didn't have the parts I want.

Np. Let me know what kind of slide stop spring you need coz I've got an extra I don't need anyway. If it's important. 

On 28/03/2023 at 20:43, Krisz said:

Hm. I put together a Marui G26 using a Guarder frame with a custom made slide and built a Marui G17 Gen. 4 using Guarder frame and Guarder alu slide. No sanding/issues/swearing. It seems you need luck in airsoft just like in real life. :D

My go to usually Armsaholic, Boomarms, Rainbow8, Ehobbyasia etc. regarding parts.

You certainly able to buy parts from Impluse101 but shipping isn't gonna cheap. Marui does only care about domestic market I'd very suprised if you could get parts from them directly.

Hi, I’m looking to get a slide for my pistol from Boomarms, how have you found them?

Ive not used them before.

TIA

38 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Hi, I’m looking to get a slide for my pistol from Boomarms, how have you found them?

TIA

Terrible comms but excellent products, always arrive on time 

9 hours ago, Davegolf said:

TIA

I don't think I asked them about anything but had no issues regarding delivery or the product. Some of these HK retailers don't give a damn about you and then on the other hand you've got rainbow8 or ehobbyasia who answer every email. :D

Edited by Krisz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.