Anyone care to talk me out of a ghk Glock17.

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know if is expensive and has mixed reviews but I have been considering buying one.

£370  seems a lot but a TM Glock with custom frame slide and outer barrel would cost more.

The trigger is heavy but so is the real firearm's trigger at about 5 lb. I know because I once lived a road and  owned one. Airsoft pistol triggers are generally very light and better for skirmishing with. However I never skirmish pistols.

Make sure you get one with the updated trigger.  It makes a massive difference I'm told.  Around a 6lb repeatable break.  Then run it on CO2 mags and you should be good.

19 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

£370  seems a lot but a TM Glock with custom frame slide and outer barrel would cost more.

Well, that could be debatable... If you buy a second hand TM instead of buying a brand new one you could save a lot of money to invest it into a custom slide. If you go for a 120 pound slide your build is gonna be very expensive very fast.

Outer barrel can be expensive but you can buy 5KU which is cheaper than a Laylax for example. If you don't mind tiltin outer barrel. 

I've seen some videos on YT recently. I think GHK is gonna release a new version of the G17 (revised if you will) so you may wait for it so you can see it if they fixed previous known issues.

Edited by Krisz

Thanks.

My main concerns would be reliability (GHK quality control has come in for major criticism in recent years) and parts availability.

I also have misgivings about the mag design with the gas intake valve set in a screwed on base. And they are very expensive to replace if you can't fix them.

I noted that Roketdogbert was quick to move his on, which was not a good sign.

Only time will tell how they bear up, and you are probably right to say I should wait and see.

I would have to sell a couple of very nice TMs to help finance the purchase a d might very well regret it.

I know that you can now buy Co2 mags for the GHK Glock,  but I have my doubts about how the pistol will cope with the extra pressure. Samoon do a Co2 kit which I purchased unfortunately. Parts of the kit are good, like the steel inner barrel & hop chamber & steel rails. 
The Co2 mag was poor, the valve was rubbish, the supposedly Co2 rated nozzle was damaged after a couple of capsules. 
I have no doubt the Umarex Co2 mag will be good quality, but the pistol is rated up to 150 psi, Co2 is around 800 psi I think. 
Spoke with the tech at patrolbase about using high power gas in cold weather as they recommend on there website, he said only use black gas when it’s very cold, so how it would cope with Co2 I don’t know. 
There is a S/H one on the forum at the moment for £295. I know the seller and can guarantee it’s absolutely as new, probably only been test fired, if you don’t want to buy a brand new one at £370. 

Edited by novioman

1 hour ago, novioman said:

I know that you can now buy Co2 mags for the GHK Glock,  but I have my doubts about how the pistol will cope with the extra pressure. Samoon do a Co2 kit which I purchased unfortunately. Parts of the kit are good, like the steel inner barrel & hop chamber & steel rails. 
The Co2 mag was poor, the valve was rubbish, the supposedly Co2 rated nozzle was damaged after a couple of capsules. 
I have no doubt the Umarex Co2 mag will be good quality, but the pistol is rated up to 150 psi, Co2 is around 800 psi I think. 
Spoke with the tech at patrolbase about using high power gas in cold weather as they recommend on there website, he said only use black gas when it’s very cold, so how it would cope with Co2 I don’t know. 
There is a S/H one on the forum at the moment for £295. I know the seller and can guarantee it’s absolutely as new, probably only been test fired, if you don’t want to buy a brand new one at £370. 

Thanks for the very useful information.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
4 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks.

My main concerns would be reliability (GHK quality control has come in for major criticism in recent years) and parts availability.

For what it's worth, I've heard that GHK's GBBR QC has dropped due to switching their team's primary focus to the G17.

6 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks.

I also have misgivings about the mag design with the gas intake valve set in a screwed on base. And they are very expensive to replace if you can't fix them.

I noted that Roketdogbert was quick to move his on, which was not a good sign.

Only time will tell how they bear up, and you are probably right to say I should wait and see.

I would have to sell a couple of very nice TMs to help finance the purchase a d might very well regret it.

Well I never had one but if it's true what other people say about it I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole. Sry GHK. 

TM will release their Gen5 MOS Glock so that could be a good investment as well.

Edited by Krisz

4 hours ago, Krisz said:

Well I never had one but if it's true what other people say about it I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole. Sry GHK. 

TM will release their Gen5 MOS Glock so that could be a good investment as well.

Trouble is the TM will be all plastic, reliable yes, but no comparison to the GHK when handled. I own a couple of GHK’s and they have been 100% reliable when used with green gas. Yes the triggers are heavy compared to most airsoft Glocks, but still very usable. The next GHK Gen 5 is supposed to have a lighter trigger and much easier to access hop up. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.