Suppressor/Tracer all in one for GC16 Predator

Devildust

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has a GC16 Predator and is using a suppressor/tracer and if so, is there an all in one option?
Are they actually effective at reducing noise or just cosmetic? This thing has a nice clack to it but wouldn't mind taming it a little if poss?

Cheers

• Supporters

The noise on an electric gun mostly comes from the gearbox plus most airsoft suppressors are just empty tubes.

There's plenty of airsoft tracer suppressors though, have a google and I'm sure you'll find them. The trick will be to make sure you get one that will fit inside the handguard on your predator.

7 minutes ago, Lozart said:

The noise on an electric gun mostly comes from the gearbox plus most airsoft suppressors are just empty tubes.

There's plenty of airsoft tracer suppressors though, have a google and I'm sure you'll find them. The trick will be to make sure you get one that will fit inside the handguard on your predator.

Hi,

Thanks for your response :)
Are there any gearbox upgrades designed to reduce the clack?.... one's that are easy enough to fit without needing to take it to someone who does this as a daily?

Shall have a dig about and see what I can find to fit...if you know of or can recommend any, that would be sterling!

Cheers.

• Supporters
Just now, Devildust said:

Hi,

Thanks for your response :)
Are there any gearbox upgrades designed to reduce the clack?.... one's that are easy enough to fit without needing to take it to someone who does this as a daily?

Shall have a dig about and see what I can find to fit...if you know of or can recommend any, that would be sterling!

Cheers.

You could try a "silent" piston and cylinder head https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/cylinder-heads/xt-v2-v3-cylinder-piston-head-aluminium-silent

Does your Predator have any kind of "blowback" function? One that cycles the fake bolt cover?

I actually find a foam filled supressor on an AEG makes quite a difference, not to the user as the gearbox 'thump' is right next to you, however to those in front the sound becomes much more muted and harder to locate. 

Using a tracer type supressor won't make any difference though.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

You could try a "silent" piston and cylinder head https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/cylinder-heads/xt-v2-v3-cylinder-piston-head-aluminium-silent

Does your Predator have any kind of "blowback" function? One that cycles the fake bolt cover?

No blowback function on this one.

Shall have a gander at those, thanks :)

28 minutes ago, Nick G said:

I actually find a foam filled supressor on an AEG makes quite a difference, not to the user as the gearbox 'thump' is right next to you, however to those in front the sound becomes much more muted and harder to locate. 

Using a tracer type supressor won't make any difference though.

Ahh, thanks for that Nick. Yea more so looking to dampen for those at a distance than for personal.

I am guessing the tracer type lack the room to add any sort of dampening.
Mmm, going to have to think on this or maybe look at seeing if I can modify something to suit.

Cheers.

6 hours ago, Devildust said:

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has a GC16 Predator and is using a suppressor/tracer and if so, is there an all in one option?
Are they actually effective at reducing noise or just cosmetic? This thing has a nice clack to it but wouldn't mind taming it a little if poss?

Cheers

With "perfect" shimming you can minimise noise but it's never gonna be completely silent. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.