Cyma MP5K iron sight adjustment

Mattcrx

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, just a quick one to see if anyone knows how to adjust the iron sights on the Mp5k from Cyma. Iv noticed it isn’t hitting in target as it should… even within 3/4 meters.

I will be adding a reflex sight very soon so maybe just use that??

Thanks in advance.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Mattcrx said:

Hey guys, just a quick one to see if anyone knows how to adjust the iron sights on the Mp5k from Cyma. Iv noticed it isn’t hitting in target as it should… even within 3/4 meters.

I will be adding a reflex sight very soon so maybe just use that??

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, the only adjustment you will have is on the rear drum sight. There's a screw on the top at the rear for elevation and one on the side for windage.

Or like you say, wait until you get your reflex and zero that instead.

• Supporters
On 09/03/2023 at 23:36, Mattcrx said:

Iv noticed it isn’t hitting in target as it should… even within 3/4 meters

Ahoy, welcome, and great choice of gun.  What Lozart said, but how much is it off, and in which direction?

Apologies if this is "Bro, I know" territory, but is the hop dialled in?  An unhopped BB will drop rapidly, and an over-hopped one can go whanging off into the sky. MP5K hops with the forward-backwards slide adjuster can have a very small sweet spot that's hard to hit and hold.

So you'll want to get the hop dialled in before even thinking about the sights. This will require a 50m+ range - not the local dogging woods! - and ideally someone to stand off to the side and observe the bb trajectory.

Guest Paul E H

Pretty sure  the  front sight needle can be moved up and down using an Allen key? I have a Cyma  mp5k pdw blue edition. The iron sights bang on but I'm sure there something  in the destructions about sight adjustment. Rear Sight has wind age L/R  movement.

However  I use red dot holo or lazer for speed. Great gun. Has 3 stocks to choose from depending on usage and will hang under your  arm under a heavy coat when stripped of extra sights and torch.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Paul E H said:

Pretty sure  the  front sight needle can be moved up and down using an Allen key? I have a Cyma  mp5k pdw blue edition. The iron sights bang on but I'm sure there something  in the destructions about sight adjustment. Rear Sight has wind age L/R  movement.

Front sight on the MP5 is a fixed blade. All adjustments are made on the rear drum (same as the real thing).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.