Halo screen ghillie suit material-

Guy elson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, I am currently starting work on my ghillie suit. I wanted to use halo screen but it is soo expensive.

does anyone on here have any leftover halo screen they want to sell? Or are there good, more budget alternatives?

thanks guy

The haloscreen bundle will get you more green, so if you're doing a summer ghillie I'd get that. Just make sure you get the "starter pack" as it's enough material to do a full ghillie. The laser cut stuff is a rip off. The nov set is more material for less, but half of the sheets are quite brown. I prefer cotton for brown as it ends up looking more like dried leaves. Saying that it's not a bad deal tbh. There's also AGM on empire airsoft, which I believe the large pack gets you more material than the halo starter pack, but it's still about the same price as the haloscreen. The small pack wont be enough for a full ghillie, but you could comfortably to a viper hood plus a gun wrap with it. 

I also seriously recommend Nutscene's dyed raffia. I'll link 'pesto' which is excellent for grass, but you can also use 'twill' and 'cinnamon' for replicating sticks. And 'olivine' I haven't seen before but that looks like it could be a really good colour too.

https://nutscene.com/collections/crafts/products/nutscene-raffia?variant=15144827715619

9 hours ago, Badgerlicious said:

The haloscreen bundle will get you more green, so if you're doing a summer ghillie I'd get that. Just make sure you get the "starter pack" as it's enough material to do a full ghillie. The laser cut stuff is a rip off. The nov set is more material for less, but half of the sheets are quite brown. I prefer cotton for brown as it ends up looking more like dried leaves. Saying that it's not a bad deal tbh. There's also AGM on empire airsoft, which I believe the large pack gets you more material than the halo starter pack, but it's still about the same price as the haloscreen. The small pack wont be enough for a full ghillie, but you could comfortably to a viper hood plus a gun wrap with it. 

I also seriously recommend Nutscene's dyed raffia. I'll link 'pesto' which is excellent for grass, but you can also use 'twill' and 'cinnamon' for replicating sticks. And 'olivine' I haven't seen before but that looks like it could be a really good colour too.

https://nutscene.com/collections/crafts/products/nutscene-raffia?variant=15144827715619

Fantastic info, thanks, really appreciate it

You could contact Theyma HP on Facebook for proper haloscreen.

Forget about AGM and Novritsch, those are junk sheets of tulle/mesh that aren't even in the same universe as HS.

If you want to go mega cheap, you can use old camos. Shred up an old pair of trousers and use it the same way as haloscreen. Will it be as good? Probably not, but it will be a fraction of the price and still do the job.

Embrace old fashioned ghillie crafting! :P

2 hours ago, Skara said:

You could contact Theyma HP on Facebook for proper haloscreen.

Forget about AGM and Novritsch, those are junk sheets of tulle/mesh that aren't even in the same universe as HS.

AGM is the same stuff as far as I can tell. I have halo, a friend has AGM, both are exactly the same besides the shades being very slightly different. For all practical purposes they are the same. 

1 hour ago, Impulse said:

If you want to go mega cheap, you can use old camos. Shred up an old pair of trousers and use it the same way as haloscreen. Will it be as good? Probably not, but it will be a fraction of the price and still do the job.

Embrace old fashioned ghillie crafting! :P

A good suggestion for someone on a budget! Though nothing else really gets as close to real leaves as halo (besides real leaves :D) 

19 minutes ago, Badgerlicious said:

A good suggestion for someone on a budget! Though nothing else really gets as close to real leaves as halo (besides real leaves :D) 

True, but the webtex concealment vest has veggie loops on so if I was on a small budget I'd get one of those for about £40, then a pair of old surplus trousers for about £10 to shred and then some raffia for another £10 and add a bit of volume, and then use natural veg on the day. £60 ghillie that will work well :D

Edited by Impulse

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.