AUG Para lower rail

Pijon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello there,

I am wondering if there is any place (trustworthy)where I can acquire a lower rail mount such as the one found on Tokyo Marui or Snow Wolf Para (short barrel) AUGs without having to buy the whole gun. 
I know the AUG will come with a front grip but I hate the one made by JG and I wish to mount one of my choosing. 

The attached photo showcases an example of what I am looking for. 

Cheers.

HCAUGTM_2.jpg

• Supporters

Not sure if it'll fit the Para specifically but there's a few on Shapeways https://www.shapeways.com/product/K7S7HCJ24/aug-high-cycle-bottom-picatinny-rail-13-slots

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Pijon said:

Well, I don't have a Para, my AUGs are regular A1 and A2. I looked at the Shapeways site before but I didn't know if it's trustworthy or not. 

I've bought plenty of stuff from there and it's been fine.

I assumed you had a para because you mentioned it in your post and put up a pic of one.

Another option that I found in my own research is this one -

https://3d-crafts.com/product/airsoft-aug-front-double-side-rail/

I haven't ordered from that site myself though so don't know how good it is.  It looks neat though.

If you wanna go fancy, and I was super tempted...then Corvus Defensio will deliver to UK and they make this beauty (comes in Keymod variant too) -

https://corvusdefensio.com/shop/forward-accessory-rail-set-m-lok/?lang=en

I may end up getting it some time in the future but I went for this solution for now.  Awesome price and delivery and it actually looks pretty good, I think -

https://www.ant-supplies.uk/rail-base-mounts/quad-rail-barrel-mounts.html

image.thumb.jpeg.5b6428a0fc8a9fd2d74c755b596c3e37.jpeg

It's not a great pic ()taken off the long scope and re-did some tape) but it shows the barrel mounted rail with fore-grip attached.

I'm thinking about getting something like this commissioned https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/airsoft-steyr-aug-m-lok-handguard.  Its a copy of the awesome Clawgear handguard which I think is basically a Unicorn at the moment, even in the real steel world.  But I'm waiting for somebody to get back to me regarding a custom handguard.

EDIT - Just noticed ANT is all out of the Quad barrel-mounted rails but still have the twin or single.

Edited by Jamsandwich

• 2 weeks later...

That's super clean, I like it.  It's definitely a benefit having the foregrip placed further back (not that you had much choice with the short barrel!).  I'm gonna try a vert grip for my next skirmish day as wasn't really getting on with the angled one too much.

Hello there! Thanks for all the help you guys provided, I will consider acquiring a 3D printed rail (heck, I might even make a grip like the one shown by Samurai above if I find somebody with a 3D printer nearby) since I have a specific grip that I want to attach.
Also, Jamsandwich, that's one sexy AUG you got there. 

EDIT: Quick fyi: I am not living in UK. 

Edited by Pijon

Thanks @Pijon!  I've swapped the scope out for a red dot which suits it far more.  Unfortunately the fabric tape has started to peel after just one skirmish so I'll have to figure out something for that.  The flecktarn duct tape may hold better but doesn't look quite so nice.  Also not sure about the foregrip, think I'll swap that out too.

I may find a picatinny extension that slots onto the barrel mount and goes further back to be more like the piece in your original post, then put a new folding handle on maybe.  Good luck getting a 3d print, let us see what you end up with!

On 09/03/2023 at 23:06, Jamsandwich said:

Thanks @Pijon!  I've swapped the scope out for a red dot which suits it far more.  Unfortunately the fabric tape has started to peel after just one skirmish so I'll have to figure out something for that.  The flecktarn duct tape may hold better but doesn't look quite so nice.  Also not sure about the foregrip, think I'll swap that out too.

I may find a picatinny extension that slots onto the barrel mount and goes further back to be more like the piece in your original post, then put a new folding handle on maybe.  Good luck getting a 3d print, let us see what you end up with!

It will take me some time until I finish everything with my AUG, since I want to acquire a SG552 and a SIG P229 before I start getting the equipment and other small things (such as rails and grips).
Also, I had a question that I forgot to mention in my previous post. Is the AUG you posted from Jing Gong? I have one AUG from JG and it has some feeding problems and I was wondering if yours have or had them too. 
Nevermind, I learned how to read the info on the left beneath the profile pictures :D

Edited by Pijon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.