What brand is best for an mp5

scott3146

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I'm new to Airsoft so don't know which brand is best for what guns etc but I want to get an mp5 with a retractable stock but wanted to know what was best out of a cyma, G&G, SRC or if there are any better brands than them 

G&G TGM A3 RTS ETU

CYMA CM.041J High Speed Series

SRC MP5 A3 Ace Line AEG

I have also seen the Tokyo marui PM5A5 next gen recoil so is it worth just saving my money and getting that one? 

A similar conversation was had a week or so ago, so I'd advise having a look there:

If I had to go for a Chinese brand, Cyma is probably the one Id go for. Their AKs are brilliant for the price, dont know much about their MP5s but theyve really upped their game in recent years so if its a new model Id be happy to give it a go if it were me.

Are Classic Army still around? Might be showing my age a bit now but for a while they were widely regarded as some of the best MP5s you could get and for not a lot of money either. Just had a quick look and theres still a few retailers selling them so might be worth a look. 

• Supporters
19 hours ago, scott3146 said:

the only thing putting me off cyma is the reports of the internals not being the best

The very cheap ones have no bells and whistles, but they are generally robust.  They're built to run at around 1.5J, and are under-stressed when sprung down to UK limits.  I'd have no concerns about reliability.  As the de facto standard (just through volume of sales) you'll generally find aftermarket parts will work in them, if you do want to "upgrade" anything.  I say "upgrade" as the best airseal that I have is on an £80 CM.516 with the stock plastic single-o-ring piston and plastic nozzle with no o-ring.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.