The VFC / Umarex HK416 Owners Thread

RostokMcSpoons

Oh and, trying to make sense of contradictory information. 

The NPAS.

Is it factory fitted on all 416 ?

I have a HK bought 416D Gen 3, and I don't think it has a NPAS in the bolt.

No for some odd reason it's missing from the gen3

I don't think they're very expensive, is the only positive thing I can say about that!

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• 2 months later...

Hi guys I’m literally about to pull the trigger on the hk 4165a gen 3 in tan what’s everyone’s experiences like ? 
on Reddit no matter what gun I look at buying they all moan about something so 

what should I look out for ? What upgrades etc 

thanks 

• Gen 3 doesn't have an NPAS built in like the Gen 2 does, but may have some better components inside, so ya takes ya choice on that.
  • It will be happier in the sunshine than in the winter, just cos it's gas (and not a TM MWS?).
  • The hop adjustment seemed to creep on mine, but it's super-easy to adjust back (or maybe the hop rubber was changing its performance - getting oily or cold or dirty?)
  • And the latest two mags I bought for it (the black rather than grey versions) both leaked when I received them.  Both got fixed - temporarily.  One is now useless because I can't seem to fit it back together properly (and will be a donor if/when I buy an HPA adapter from Airtac) and the other had a slow leak last time I checked.
    So, when buying extra mags, do some research because it may be the grey ones are the ones to get.   Or some old stock or BCM ones.
  • Gas mags are heavy and are more likely to jump out of pouch when you run - make sure they're nice and snug or have retaining bungees / covers.

But...

I love my '416, it's the coolest gun I own.  

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

I have a Gen 3 416A5 and it has a NPAS fitted. The one ones for the Asian market didn't have. Unless I have been conned and was given a Gen 2 instead?

Either way, mine is brilliant and is the best gun I own. I just run mine stock and give it a good clean between games.

Question for the community, I'm toying with the idea of pimping the stock, I'm looking at Magpul and IMI Defense, but I don't know whether they're actually compatible.
If anyone has any suggestions for body parts specifically intended for the VFC HK 416D 3rd gen, I'm a taker.

P.S. *IMPORTANT* I'm looking exclusively for the stock in OD, not tan, not black, not cerakote

P.P.S. And no, I don't want to paint.

• 1 month later...

I've got one of these beasts on my bench at to moment, belongs to a friend who has asked me to give it a go through. I've adjusted the NPAS to give it a decent but usable power level, done the usual clean and relube and cleaned the barrel, zero'd his red dot and it's shooting very well.

What's the thoughts on barrel and hop rubber on these ? I normally go to a M/L crazy jet barrel and M/L rubber in my own GBB kit. But my MP7 and 249 are both running the stock barrel and rubber and frankly dont feel like they need a change, so I'm debating if it's worthwhile on the 416.

Any one swapped them and was it worth it ? 

Posted (edited)

I changed the hop rubber, but I'm buggered if I can remember what to!  Hmm I'm thinking a green VSR-compatible thing, probably a Maple Leaf then.  It might get a mention earlier in this thread (but can't go looking right now, about to go off to be sporty).   
And I bought a spare VFC one because like you, I think it's probably fine.

I'd too would love to hear if a barrel swap makes any appreciable difference.  More accuracy would always be appreciated.

I had a plink in the garden just a couple of days ago.   Just to re-affirm my absolute love of shooting this gun (and probably most other GBB's too)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Thanks for the reply. Now you mention it , I'm sure i remember reading about a M/L rubber being fitted. Seem to recal it needed the locating nub removing. Sounds like the difference is marginal then.

I think I'll suggest that he and I have a comparison of his 416 against my L119 A1 which does have a crazy jet in it, whilst different brands they are at least the same basic platform, if mine is demonstrably more accurate or more consistant, I'll put a C/J in the 416 .

I'll report back either way once we've had a try.

• 3 weeks later...

Just following on from my last post, my mate reported a significant improvement in range and accuracy after I had given it a go through.  He certainly nailed me with it a couple of times ! 

That is still on stock barrel and hop rubber running Geoffs .30's, so I'm inclined to think any gains from a M/L barrel and or rubber are going to be marginal.

Edited by Nick G