AEG to HPA Conversion, Looking to create a compact setup

LzChase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Please note that I've never dealt with HPA before so this is a new horizon for me. The question is pretty much how small can an HPA setup be while maintaining ability to output at least 450 fps consistently.

I put this here because I wasn't sure what category to post it to as it has to do with both AEG and HPA platforms. I'm trying to create a small HPA setup where the air engine installs to a regular v2 gearbox shell but has it's tube exiting at the back of the gearbox rather than through the grip.Please note that I've never dealt with HPA before so this is a new horizon for me.

I do not own any HPA parts as of the time this was posted as I felt it was wiser to ask first.

My wish is to build a setup using a smaller air tank that fits inside the stock of a Snow Wolf M82A1 so that it does not require a hose and is hidden out of sight. Another option would be covnersion to co2 if this is possible.

The best all self-contained platform is the Wolverine MTW. With the aero stock, you basically have a 13ci tank as your stock somewhat similar to a less than lethal platform that law enforcement use. However, it looks like you're after a specific look with the M82? I'm pretty sure you will be able to route the tube from any v2 HPA engine out the back to the gearbox instead of the stock, though you may need to dremel parts of the gearbox out and also widen the hole in the back where the spring guide usually slots into, both very easy modifications to do.

In terms of fitting a bottle in the stock, I'm not sure even a 13ci would fit into the stock of an M82 without poking out the sides a bit so it wouldn't be hidden out of sight and in my opinion would look bad; you'd need to modify the stock to accommodate it plus the regulator and the tank would poke out the sides and look weird. A CO2 adapter will fit in the stock though and it's how I ran my VSR when I first converted it to HPA, however the issue with using CO2 is that it's reliably inconsistent. What I mean by that is that the first few shots will be higher power and then the power will slowly decrease as you shoot over the contents of the CO2 bulb, whereas a HPA bottle will be consistent all the way until it runs out.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.