Black vs Grey mags

SeniorSpaz87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Black vs Grey mags  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which color looks better?

• Supporters

Hey all. V5 of my M16 EPM1-S shell is approaching perfection and only needs some slight internal tweaks (literally tenths of a millimeter in two places will separate V5 from V6), and now Im debating which color I want to make them in. I have a mid-gloss black that I have been using for awhile, and a new metallic silver as my primary options. Both look good IMO and very much like what you'd expect from a VN-style M16 mag to look like. Since I can't decide I figured I'd open a few polls and get outside thoughts. They will mostly be used in my PTS N23, aka the smolest of M16s. 

Side-by-side:

IMG-7083.thumb.jpg.7a8101a260ad05287c065efef2a733fc.jpg

Black:

IMG-7085.thumb.jpg.986173ced6ff9594e71268a890e69838.jpg

Grey:

IMG-7084.thumb.jpg.402c2671fb81e0388e1155e4bdc7f3b8.jpg

I put grey but why not have a mix?

The black would look better with some silver pen wear. (Paint silver onto your finger and rub it on the edges)

Likewise the grey one would benefit from some darkening in the grooves.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I put grey but why not have a mix?

The black would look better with some silver pen wear. (Paint silver onto your finger and rub it on the edges)

Likewise the grey one would benefit from some darkening in the grooves.

Ima throw these around on the field a few times first before I start making them fancy. Thats one of the major benefits of having your own printer - you can make a new shell for like 2 quid or something. If they hold up I may look into making them look more visually accurate. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.