TM HK USP Compact vs Beretta PX4

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I never skirmish my pistols and only use 144a gas. I always release the slide by power stroking it, avoid engaging the safety and never use the decocking mechanism.

Fancied a more compact TM and have been considering the above. I know the HK is smaller but not unduly light for its size while the PX4 is satisfyingly hefty.

I prefer the looks of the HK.

In the end though reliability is the most important consideration. 

Which of the two would you choose?

I've no experience with the PX4, but the TM usp is fantastic. It's now my go-to sidearm. It gets nothing but propane thrown through it and it just works fantastically. The main thing for me besides the aesthetics, is the mag release. I find it much more natural to have it where it is on the USP across the base of the trigger guard than a button. I can drop the mag with my ring finger or thumb comfortably. Had a Glock initially (cant remember which gen, but the one with the larger mag release button) and I found I occasionally caught it when gripping the gun quickly and dropping the mag. 

If you're just plinking and not worrying about panic reloads while getting shot at, just pick the one you like the best. 

• 2 weeks later...

Highly recomend the hk45. Out of your choices controls on the USP are better but the PX4 is more comfortable to hold. Both perform great.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.