Best AEG AR15 fire selector??

Davegolf

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone! Calling in some group experience!

I’m planning a Kythera based DMR and am searching for a donor rifle with decent upgradeable externals, eg takes standard rail systems and outer barrels, and most importantly a really nice slick fire selector with a positive, crisp action.

OBV TM recoils are out of the equation as next Gen gearbox won’t work.

Oh and lastly if I’m being picky a decent rotary hop as standard.

TIA!

• Supporters

VFC or maybe an Ares. Great externals, turds for gearboxes.

• Supporters

I'd agree with the above basically, I don't know what thread spec they both use but I think most VFCs are standard outer barrels (haven't touch an ARES).  Don't get an ambi selector for the best feel, they're worse as a rule.  I just had an E&C M16 arrive this morning with a very nice selector on it, nice externals overall, no idea on thread spec on the upper and I'm not taking it apart, but I'd presume they're standard AR AEG outer barrels.  A lot of G&Ps have weird tapered chamber areas on their OBs and a proprietary upper thread to boot.  Believe ICS and G&G are pretty standard but there's better stock externals for sure, probably the same for Krytac, KA and anything cheaper.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.