Wire placement issue - rear wiring a front wired G&G GC16 M4

The_Lord_Poncho

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Whilst going through the process of turning a old front wired G&G GC16 into a rear wired L119(ish) set up, I've come across a bit of an issue in the feeding of wires out of the back of the lower receiver. The old G&G design (no idea if they have updated it since) looks like the image below. The buffer tube from the rifle made no allowances for running wiring back, so I've purchased a new tube with the obligatory channel, half washer etc. However, there is no rear way that the wires will fit in the small channel at the base of the buffer tube - the tube mount (silver in the picture) just doesn't allow enough room. The wires - even when i add in an AEG sling loop/mount, are also pinched between the buffer tube and the bit of the receiver that the buffer tube mount is screwed into. Any one got any ideas?! The best that i can think of is to grind the buffer tube mount flat at its base, and perhaps also grind a substantial amount of metal off the ring in the lower receiver that the buffer tube mount is screwed into...

As a supplementary question and assuming I solve the above problem- there is nothing to stop the rear sling mount rotating aside from the pressure of the castle nut on the buffer tube - is this a real problem, or would the simple pressure/friction prevent rotation of the sling loop in reality? Thanks all!

IMG_20221216_115606_915.jpg

• Supporters

The sling loop would normally be held in place by the two "rails" either side of the buffer tube mount (which usually forms part of the rear of the receiver).

To achieve that with your gun you'd need to get rid of that massive threaded part from the buffer tube mount.

• Supporters

Just to answer whether the receiver design has been changed, this is a replacement receiver set for the GC16 https://www.airsoftzone.co.uk/metal-receiver-set-for-gc16-series-black-gg.html

Note the little black stub at the back of the receiver.

Ah yes, i see what you mean! I'll just need to be super careful with the hacksaw to retain the screw threads then i think. The changed design also explains why i haven't been able to find a replacement (shorter) buffer tube mount...

I will run them inside the buffer tube, but they need to exit the rear of the lower receiver below the buffer tube mount. Unfortunately there isn't room for the wires to exit through the buffer tube mount- the rear of the gearbox is right up against it...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.