Could this battery be fixed

Dale siddall

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It is not a question of could it be fixed, its a question of should it be.  Spend some money and get a decent 7.4 Lipo and a good balance charger

It's a big battery (physically) but it's only 600 mah, which is quite small. 

Assuming you don't know much about batteries (I don't know loads, but this is basic), the number of v a battery has is how powerful is that battery, so an 11.1 is more powerful than a 7.4. mAh is how long they can shoot for, (some guns are more efficient and get more shots per mAh), I go on the basis of 1 shot per mAh so a 600 mAh battery is around 600 shots. Discharge rates can have an effect as well, a 7.4 lipo with a 25c discharge will seem more powerful than a 7.4 lipo with a 15c discharge rate, but it'll get flat quicker. 

There are 3 main types of airsoft batteries. 

Nimah which is what you have there, they're big, old and less powerful (an 8.4 nimah is weaker than a 7.4 lipo). They are what used to be popular over 10 years ago.....times have moved on. 

Lipo is now the main battery type, they're smaller and more powerful but need to be looked after (stored safely, good charger and care taken in general....no stabby). They can't be run down completely either. 

Life is the newest kind, I don't know much about them but they seem to have higher mAh for the physical space they take and aren't as easily damaged. They haven't really taken off yet, but I'm not sure why.

Fixing your current battery is like fixing a knackered old car that won't go more than 10 miles even when fixed.

I'd recommend a new battery, probably a lipo. 

If you stick a really powerful battery (11.1v lipo) into an older gun it'll probably rip itself apart internally. Older guns just can't handle the power, think of sticking a really powerful car engine into an old Ford fiesta.....fun while it lasts but that won't be long. 

So I'd recommend a 7.4 lipo. 

You can go to somewhere like a component shop which was always reasonably priced, probably looking around 15 for a 1600 mAh UpTo £25/30 for a 2600mah. Just make sure it'll physically fit where the battery goes and you get the right connector type (normally dean's or Tamiya). 

I think the titan lipo batteries are great (got mine from land warrior). More expensive but have a guarantee, loads more mAh for the space but they're basically double the price. 

• Supporters

You could strip the wires back - one at a time, and being very careful not to let them touch - and wire them into a mini-Tamiya female connector: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230965619320

However, that's assuming that you have a charger that will charge that nicad, and that it will still hold a charge.  It wouldn't really be usable on a game day, I'd suggest doing this only if you want to check if the gun still works.

If you want to get something actually usable, I've posted some links here:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.