ICS L85 A2

Big_Gun_Willie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I purchased a L85 A2 it has the following 

Upgraded SHS High Torque Motor

13:1 Gearing and shimmed 

Gate WARFET 1.1

im looking for help with the following upgrades/recommendations with links please 

hop up & nub

Barrel

hop up chamber  

any anything else any one else would recommend 

ICS hop unit is proprietary no one appears to make an after market unit. unless the gun is currently not shooting accurately  and least 50ish metres there is not much point changing barrel/ hop rubber.

Personally with my l85 and l86 I use maple leaf Mr hop and maple leaf nub with maple leaf barrels.

Have just put an English kiwi Airsoft aftermarket hop up in my l86a2 last night but haven't tested it. I've heard good things about them but with the original ics hop up apart from over hopping .20s I've never had an issue with them

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding - but the boy has just bought one of these so I need to know the basics....

Can you use the regular rubbers/buckings?  or do you have to buy ICS bits?

Was pleasantly surprised at how well and far it shot out of the box even with a relatively low FPS; which I assume will get better with a few more game days?

It takes standard nubs and buckings but the unit itself is not a standard m4 hop and there is no aftermarket upgraded chambers. The barrel is also aeg standard if you want to upgrade.

Also for the FPS there are 3 settings on the spring guide so you should be able to increase it slightly. Its really easy and only needs one pin at the back of the gearbox to be removed.

That's good to hear thanks.  I figured out the spring selector fairly easily, it was already on the highest setting.

Will look at the mosfet situation in the near future methinks.

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve got a Prometheus 509mm tightbore and a Prometheus Purple bucking running in the English Kiwi hop unit.  With 0.29g Warhead Delta’s it’s capable of surprising people at longer ranges.  In dense woodland if I can see it I can hit it.

I’m just about to stick some SHS gears in it to run with my Warhead Black Standard motor, so hopefully the trigger response will be improved to match the range and accuracy!

Edited by Duff Beer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.