Gun Tech in/around Nottingham

MRP

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I'm looking for a gun tech recommendation ideally in the Nottingham area (or failing that, wider East Midlands).

I have a G&P Sentry M4 with a V2 gearbox. It sheared a spur gear, which I replaced along with the piston and hasn't been quite right since (I suspect that's down to me missing something obvious).

I took it to a gun tech in Sheffield to service it but was less than impressed with the state it came back in, and now only getting about 70fps, so it desperately needs some TLC.

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

32 minutes ago, MRP said:

I took it to a gun tech in Sheffield to service it but was less than impressed with the state it came back in, and now only getting about 70fps,

What muppet was that? I'd like to avoid going to anyone who calls themselves a tech but doesn't even chrono their work. 

Unfortunately I can't really help with alternatives as you're quite a way away from me

2 hours ago, MRP said:

Hi,

I'm looking for a gun tech recommendation ideally in the Nottingham area (or failing that, wider East Midlands).

I have a G&P Sentry M4 with a V2 gearbox. It sheared a spur gear, which I replaced along with the piston and hasn't been quite right since (I suspect that's down to me missing something obvious).

I took it to a gun tech in Sheffield to service it but was less than impressed with the state it came back in, and now only getting about 70fps, so it desperately needs some TLC.

Have you taken gun back to him?

If not,then why not?

I agree with @Cannonfodderhe should have chronoed it before and after work done.

2 hours ago, MRP said:

Hi,

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.