Newbie from Sheffield

Dave M

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Everyone, 

Newbie here, so thought I should say hi.

I have so far only played at Blackhills in Chesterfield which I have found to be a great friendly bunch of peeps.

I am currently fighting the urge to spend on things I probably don’t need. 

I only have one RIF, which is a Cyma m4 with a few bolt on bits in Black and Tan. 

Look forward to chatting with you all.

Dave

Welcome Dave

Yeah the fight to resist buying stuff is already lost 😆

Take your time and read lots so hopefully you don't regret any purchases.

Edited by EDcase

8 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Take your time and read lots so hopefully you don't regret many purchases.

FTFY @EDcase ;) :D 

Personally I've bought a few parts of my kit three times over, but I do have a bit of a reputation (well deserved) for trawling through the Bargain Bins in the hope of finding something "good enough".
Ehhhh, sometimes it works, but often it doesn't.   Just try not to make expensive mistakes that you can't sell on (or quietly hide in the loft!)

Didn't do enough reading eh? 🤣

Just kidding.  Its impossible to only buy once.  You have to try things out yourself to make a decision and tastes change too.

Edited by EDcase

Thanks for the advice, I will certainly do that.

I did start this journey (prior to joining the forum) with some of the sticky topics around gear and rigs so have not gone to far off track.

From what I have seen at the skirmish sessions I have attended, everyone has kit lust, most people think everyone else’s RIF is better. And the ones who have spent crazy money modifying them , spend most of their day complaining about how their set up needs x y z and is hampering their performance. 

That is quite funny to watch 😂

Hi @Dave M 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Good luck sorting out your gear, we’ve all been through this process, watch your bank account! 😂

💷GAMBLE💷

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.