Idea for custom hi-capa slides continued

Elliot_Blaize

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is kind of a continued idea I had from last year but I never really had the time to go forward with it.

The basic idea is a hi-cappa slide which is completly customisable almost everything can be changed and tweaked to your preference aslong as the slide will still work. They are cnc machined out of aluminium to a 0.1mm tolerence but I guess I can change the material but it would probably come at an elevated cost (i.e magnesium). 

The price would be around £600-800 depending on the complexity and material

This is probably for the more hard core customisers who want something that will make them stand out 

For the moment this is only availabe for hi-capas but I would consider making a 1911 or glock versoin of this if there is enough demand as it takes a hell of a long time to make the base.

I've attached some examples below but basically anything can be done aslong as its reasonable.

slide.PNG.84f20575abc51751c150befeb4b63c82.PNGpp.PNG.49864743976f794b9b4cb7e08c47333f.PNG

Thanks for checking this out please share it if you know anyone who would be intrested.

if this generates enough intrest I'll make some prototypes and check everything is ok with the measurement before taking requests.

Edited by Elliot_Blaize

My guy... I don't think people are going to pay £600-800 for a custom slide when they can go on raindow8 and buy something like this for a fraction of that. Not even steel slides, or entire steel pistols for that matter, cost what you are asking for.

Edited by AK47frizzle

• Supporters

Agree with the man above, & Tbh the client base for this stuff is limited, at your projected prices it'll be almost non-existant. 

Plus you need to establish yourself before anyone's likely to buy, that means getting a couple of freebie examples of your work out there in the hands of "respected" (lol) players with a high social media/YouTube profile who will hopefully sing your praises of your products. 

Good luck with that😏

To be completely blunt, the best advice that I can give you is to give up this idea.  At the prices you are looking to charge, your market in the UK can probably be counted on your fingers and toes.

Sometimes, there is a very good reason why nobody else has done something.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.